Octatrack MKII Fader issue/Inquiry

Hi y’all. I recently sold my MKI and purchased a used Mint condition MKII off of reverb. I went to play some songs of mine where I use the fader to scratch (change the rate parameter) between Scene A and B. First off the cross fader seems reallllly loose. Is this normal? Like I can kind of flick it to one side and it bounces back.

Also when I bring it back fully to scene A I can still hear the rate is lower than the Original and the pitch is off. I have to slide it back and forth a couple times to bring it back to the normal pitch.
My MKI did not behave like that and really I couldn’t see this being reliable at all for performing or recording!!!
I want to believe it is just faulty and can get a return from the buyer.
Can anyone confirm that this is not the normal behavior of the MKII? I will be tremendously grateful.

Thanks!

-Garrett. :heart:

You need to recalibrate it. had the same problem with mine new not going all the way to one side there are instructions in a thread on here to fix it… can’t remember the thread…
also it’s a non contact fader so it feels a bit loose but it’s probably how it should be

2 Likes

This is very hopeful. I will do so now.

That was it!! Thank you so much!! Feels good in my hands now.

1 Like

coming from the mk1 the new fader on the mk2 definitely feels weirdly loose!

1 Like

Smaller too! I was surprised. Already finding much love for the box though :slight_smile:

totally, i was a doubter when they came out but i feel like the improvements to workflow are so hugely rewarding

1 Like

Hello,

To recalibrate the crossfader you need to be in test mode (press FUNC when power on).
Then, FUNC+SCENE B Button and slide the crossfader from the right to the left. Trigs 1 and 16 must lit in green when you are fully left or fully right.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s because I’m in the honey moon phase but it seems like it even sounds better. The drums seem to smack just a bit more than before.

kalo

4m

Hi, people, i am havibg issuea with the calibrarion too
I went to the TEST MODE
and pressed FUNC+SCENE B
An i could notice that scena A is not really going until the end.
Like when in scene A it shows 14/15 insted of 16
Scene B seens right showing 1
I rebooted and still like this, what i can do to really recalibrate it?

Yes, you have to press FUNC + SCENE B and slide the fader from the right to the left to recalibrate.

1 Like

Hey thanx for the quick answer.
I did slided few times but the scene a stil on the maximum of 14/15
Is there somett else that am i missing?

When you pressed B while holding Function, how were leds ?

Ah and after testing, you have to move the crossfader on the right (B position), to start the calibration process if you don’t want to invert crossfader values…

Thank you, so and i pressed B page 1 and 2 lightes on.
Nothing else.
But but know after spending sometine in the setup mode moving the fader back and forth seens that it fixed!!!
I dindnt understand what i did, but now is perfect!
Thank you everyone

2 Likes