Octatrack MKII does not respond

Hi people,

I’ve bought a Octatrack MKII (Black) this week and already had a great time exploring it. Today I turned it on and it was not responding to anything.

Situation
Screen is on, buttons are lit but no matter which knob I push, nothing happens. I’ve read about some issues with the CF card but I have not even taken it out after putting it in for the first time (before the issue started at least).

I’ve tried:

• Using Test mode
  • A reset
  • Taking out the CF card and putting it back in
  • Turning on Demo mode

In test mode (while having the CF card inserted) it gives me "ATA [NO INT] and next to that I’m stuck in demo mode. Also tried the [NO] + turning it off combination but that does not seem to work.

Anyone who has had similar issues or knows how to resolve this?

Hey and welcome to this forum!

Have you tried searching for ATA NO INT here?

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=ATA%20%5BNO%20INT%5D

Maybe there is a solution for you? Without having read those threads …I’d say your CF card is corrupted…?

Also try contacting Elektron Support from https://www.elektron.se/customer/tickets/ if you cannot figure this out with those threads already here.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m afraid I’ll have to get in touch with Elektron. Bit of a bummer after such anticipation and price tag…

True. In the meantime I can give you one further hint: You will need to buy a new CF card anyways. 32 GB or 64 GB (maximum) – get the fastest card you can afford / find – you won’t regret it in terms of loading times / saving speeds etc. pp. – not to forget the huge amount of space you’ll have for your sample packs etc. pp.

Cheers

Further to this, reference this thread. There are cards that have been tested as working. There is a performance limit on speeds as well, outlined there. The Sandisk Extreme 64GB Compact Flash seems to be about the best (or one of) that you can get. I’ve had two of them and they’re fantastic:

2 Likes

Try a new card. I had my OT for 1 week and it started freezing on start-up. Replaced the card. Works great now.

2 Likes

Thanks PeteDorky / djadonis206 / d4ydream

Appreciate the help and advice. I just ordered the Sandisk 64GB, I’ll update the thread once I know more.

1 Like

Update: I’ve tried the Sandisk and it works perfectly fine again, so the faulty CF card was indeed the issue. Now let’s hope this one won’t give up on me. Cheers!

5 Likes

Just to add my two pence. Be careful taking the card in and out - it is really easy to bend the pins in the octa.

2 Likes