Octatrack mkii bugs on saving projects

Hello people since 1.30C OS i keep losing projects on my Octatrack Mk2.
Projects that are made with 1.30C refuse i open saying that files might be corrupt or i made it with a new version.
After my project corrupt, they corrupt projects made (saved as new) and with different names.
here’s an example of my log history
Any help would be welcome thanks

LOG 171126.txt (9.3 KB)

Trust level increased so that you can now post attachments.

1 Like

Check that you are mounted in a set and that the structure on the cf card is:
root/(your set)/(your project)
and that your samples are in:
root/(your set)/audio

Check this thread, a few people have had folder structure somehow altered after updating so the OTs not loading the projects correctly…

@Open_Mike thanks for the feedback. I havent changed any cf card its octatracks default card.Ive done the OS update yesterday since then 4 projects are lost.
My file rotation is Presets/audio folder+my saved projects
and there is only 1 set at the machine at the moment.
Afternoon and projects are going great and 5 hours later they are gone along with 2-3(saved as new) projects with similar name all corrupt and :frowning:

Oh yes , I guess that thread I pointed too was different. But this person had the set changed after upgrading:
-Octatrack OS 1.30B is here
Might not be related, but I would at least verify in the project menu that your correct set is mounted, maybe do a set change to it to make sure, it’s possible to not be in a set… It seems like folder structure errors from the log…
Hope you get it sorted…

@Open_Mike thanks a lot i checked on changing sets also there is no set to change made a new one still the struggle is real i lost some good stuff im also sad that so expensive machines have such disfunctions.
i opened a ticket at at elektron but still not any feedback yet turned-on

1 Like

i had this exact same issue. it started with subtle issues like not being able to send program changes for a bit, but earlier today i booted the OT up and noticed i was having an issue where i couldn’t recall patches on other gear from the OT (yes yes, i reloaded my part first). so i reloaded my project since i’m good about saving parts/projects before shutting down, and once reloaded a chunk of patterns were missing.

anyway, i did some investigating and noticed all the logs i had on the CF card had to do with path issues (weird paths too of folders i had never heard of; mIO ?). i resolved all those path issues by finding the correct sample and associating it via the flex/static menus. once i did that, all my issues went away.

everyone keeps talking about how this issue infects the set. so i’m not really sure what to do. i’m at the point where i think i should just reformat and reconfigure it from scratch.

1 Like