Octatrack MkII bug vs. defective

Hi all,

This is my first post here due to I just bought the Octatrack mkII this week. I switched on meanwhile I was reading the manual and I was just playing some factory presets patterns when the device just stoped, lights went out and just some was blinking (orange on top and red on the TRIG keys). I switched off, turned on and after few minutes this happened again.

I thought that was an electricity problem so I tried different plugs and the same again and again. My other devices works perfectly, never had a problem.

By any chance this happened to anyone? Is this a bug or should I send back to Thomann my Octatrack straight away?

Thank you, such an annoying way to start with my first Elektron.

(Attached pic

)

Welcome. :grimacing:

Chance?
Run test mode : Hold Function + Power. Press Trig 1

1 Like

looks a bit weird to me.

i doubt it should be possible to have the device on , a completely blank screen , and only those trigs/lights turned on.

fill in a support ticket too and i’m sure elektron will do everything to help.

2 Likes

I did the test mode and apparently everything is okay. I’m gonna send the support ticket to see what’s going on …

thanks both, much appreciated.
A.

1 Like

Hey, i got mine yesterday and i have exactly the same problem, i would like to solve it without having to return it, did you get a solution?

I’m also intermittently hitting this. Hit this with the demo and on new projects.

definitely abnormal, open a support ticket.

Was this fixed. Same thing is happening to mine. It’s only a month old!

Hi everyone, I have the same problem here with a machine I’ve been using for a while. I opened a ticket but it’s vacation time at elektron…

What was the solution? Something with the transformer or the power supply? Or will I have to send the machine in for repair?

Thx

I had the same issue. I kept the OT switched on for a couple of hours and finally it rebooted itself and was fine. I read on a different thread that it has something to do with a faulty component but since repair takes so long this summer I’ll wait a little bit before sending it to Elektron to fix it.

Y’all on the latest O.S.

My brand new OT shipped one release behind. I had a similar issue and updating solved it.