Octatrack Mk2...just got...this faceplate bump normal?

I bought a new Mk2 from Moog Audio here in Canada. Haven’t had an issue with them before. There are 2 subtle bumps in the chassis above the display. Equally spaced like they almost belong there. Does your have these? Just want to make sure mine didn’t go through something. You can see one of them just above the right side of the display, right after the word, Sampler. Image attached.

That’s funny, I was going to say that’s definitely a dent in the case but mine has it too. There’s 4 total, I never noticed! It’s likely something to do with the screen mounting.

I also got mine from Moog here in Toronto (RIP). I had to ask them to get me a second one from the basement because the box for first one they brought up was totally thrashed haha, like dude im paying over $2k for this thing! I want a box that looks like it’s new!

1 Like

No big deal, but certainly not what I would expect from Elektron at this, or any price point. But it works and it doesn’t seem to be a defect. :man_shrugging:

Mine has them also, guess you could call it a slight defect from manufacturing and probably would have the right to return it if it really bothers you, but I think a lot of them have it

1 Like

It’s just part of the machine. I noticed this when I first unboxed mine too

1 Like

No I waited long enough for one! I’m not returning it! LOL! Just wanted to make sure mine want damaged somewhere. Doesn’t bother me at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for replying, folks. Helps put my mind at ease. :slight_smile:

There is another topic about it. I guess it’s common (I’m a MKI user).

They are there so that when they are pounded on in frustration, they flatten and the OT looks more brand new just to show whos the boss…

4 Likes

Apologies, I didn’t search for it well enough. But thank you! I’ll go give it a read. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well…yeah! LOL!

1 Like

You should peel off the plastic-protection-film from the display. it’s still on.

2 Likes

That took me 3 full hours of playing to realize last night. I was so focused on getting through some basic I had studied…I hooked it up as quickly as I could! It was peeled off. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I also just got a MK II in grey and only noticed the pair of slight bumps because this thread had me primed to look for them. Seems like a side affect of how it is built.

Almost certainly a result of the manufacturing process.

Certainly due to Covid-19, as every issue in the world.

4 Likes

Hi guys!
Something strange looking like 4 bumps, swellings are present on my new OT 2 just above and 2 below the screen. Is this normal??

Unable to see anything, but looks like you have the screen protector plastic still on.

1 Like

I would say most, if not all, mk2’s have those little dents (mine included). My guess would be that they are marks left behind from the metal stamping operation. Nothing to worry about, in my opinion.

1 Like

this is Medical talk if ever i’ve heard it :slight_smile: