Octatrack MK1 Visual and Pick Up Machine bug

Did anyone noticed that before?
I can still see the sequencer running when Grid Recording is OFF :hushed:
It happens after jamming several minutes and some of my scenes don’t respond when I change between two parts.

Is my unit begins to die? :disappointed_relieved:

Salut. I can’t see the video…
Did you make tests with a new project ?

It must be good now :slight_smile:
And yes I tried differents projets and sets always the same weird thing.
Concerning the scene bug it happens only after playing several minutes and changing to a other part :frowning:

Scenes are linked to Parts, so maybe it is normal if you didn’t copy parts/scenes…

1 Like

I can see it running in the 3 grid/live/play modes.

Yeah I already copied Part One to Part Two so scenes a similiar for both of them

The scene bug happens when I want to use scene on my pick up machine track.
Pattern 1 (Part 1) - my crossfader is on A with the effects associated to my pick up track.

I record a loop from my modular to my CD inputs so this loop is playing on my pick up machine while the sequencer is playing
Then I change the pattern

Pattern 2 (Part2) - my crossfader is still at the same position but when I change the scenes associated to this track none effetcs respond but my others scenes respond for my others tracks.

I’m sure both parts are same, their scene are similar and I did it on a fresh new projet to see if the problem was the only for my current projet but it is not.

What I meant is before when I switched off the red button I couldn’t seen the red light running on the sequencer.
But now I can see it and I can’t figure out… then I have this problem with my scenes so if there is no logical reason maybe it’s more like a technical problem or maybe it’s because of the new maj?

Should I post this on the OS OT bug ?

Part 1 concerned track is Pickup
Part 2 concerned track is Flex?

Same Plocked parameters ?

Both Part are Pick Up machine for this track with exact same parameters, I checked several times

The bug only happens when I change from part one to the second and my scenes for the pick up track don’t respond correctly to what I want to change, for example if I want to volume down the track on one scene it wont change it at all but :disappointed_relieved:

I still don’t understand. On the video, you are in mixer mode? Could you sum up again ?

Yes with my midi tracks and tracks activated
I’m gonna do another test to see if it happens the same problem with Part 3

I don’t have a running led with Mixer mode, but I have it with Track Mutes mode.
In Track Mutes and Grid Rec mode, only the first led is blinking. That’s it ?

I have the led runninf for all differents modes I don’t know why, I never had this before :roll_eyes: but actually this is not really annoying my major concern is about my scenes that don’t respond to what I want them to do…
I think I’m gonna post something on the main post and let them know my issue

I maid a test :

pattern 1 with part 1 track 1 pickup
pattern 2 with part 2 track 1 pickup
part 2 = part 1 copy

Plocked pitch - 12 on pattern 1
Plocked pitch +12 on pattern 2

Weird behavior, plocks were active only after stop play or after a pattern change.

Give me your Octatrack before it dies. :wink:

Record something on your pick up track
Apply a scene that will be similar for both part on your pick up track for example a filter or whatever volume…
Then, when you are in pattern 2 try to modify this scene to see if it respond well please :frowning:
I don’t want to let my baby die !!!

I have a hunch there’s still some bugs having to do with part switch and the fact that pickups don’t use trigs, and that parts by default don’t kick in per track until a trig is reached, and parts include scenes…
I can’t test anything for a few weeks but I’ve noticed some funny business in this department…

1 Like

So a workaround would be to have another machine on corresponding track when there’s a part change…
Too late for tests !

It’s deeper than that…
I’ve had it the other way where if I leave a part/pattern with a pu and switch to a part/pattern with a flex, the second part with the flex only kicks in correctly if the pickup was playing before the switch, if it was stopped the first parts scene would be active on the second part and the flex would play the pickup buffer even though not assigned!
Confirmed by Elektron through support.
My workaround has been to make sure my pickups are running before I switch, muted if nessecary…

2 Likes

If I were you I’d try two things:

1. Leave the first pattern/part while the pu is playing and not stopped, does the next scene work then?

2. Leave the first pattern/part while the pu is playing and not stopped, on the second pattern/part record a pickup loop. After the second part’s pu is in playback does the scene then work correctly?

On a side note, it’d be nice to get to the bottom of this, but if your second part is just a copy of the first, do you need to use two parts?
If you want to be able to further modify each independently, understood, but just throwing this out there…

1 Like