Octatrack midi knob clear bug?

Here is my issue (1.25H):

• I record a midi note pattern from an external sequencer.
  • After recording, I clear the length values for that pattern with No(hold) + ParamEncoder(push) while in live record mode.
  • This works / plays fine… until I turn my octatrack off and back on. Once my octatrack has restarted, all values for these note trigs have been cleared (pitch, velocity and length).

Has anyone else run into this issue? Really messing with my flow. I am fairly new to my octatrack but from all my experience I would expect it to be the same when I turn it back on…

Just tried it + a few variations & yes!

It’s worse than that too. Much worse. Doesn’t just affect trigs recorded from midi in

My testing isn’t exhaustive but so far I think you can say that:

After using the NO+ENCODER PUSH technique ALL p-locks on all midi trigs for that track are lost after power-down!

Really bad bug - people could lose a lot of work.

I haven’t checked what happens to trigs on non-focussed tracks, or whether it only affects the trigs passed over while holding no+encoder as I did a full sweep each time.

Would you please report it to Elektron? (I’m
slowly getting through my own list of bug reports!)

1 Like

It gets a lot worse

The p-locks are lost even if you save project before you power down [EDIT: not true. You can recover plocks with a reload if you have saved while they are still there. Thanks sezare!]

I’m sick of the bugs on OT

[EDIT: it still “gets worse” - see below!]

1 Like

Oh and other observations fwiw

Problem doesn’t affect non focused tracks

Problem doesn’t affect trigs entered after the NO+ENC sweep

Problem doesn’t affect trigs not passed over during NO+ENC

Problem DOES affect all trigs passed over during NO+ENC even if they didn’t have p-locks on the parameter being cleared.

Sounds like trouble, won’t be having my OT fired up for a bit but will check this out when I do, definitely encourage support tickets…

@Clancy Thanks a lot for digging into this! I’ll do some more confirming of this myself and file a bug report this weekend. Until then I’ll just clear on each trig manually…

3 Likes

Wondered if you got a response from Ekektron on this one?

Think it’s the worst OT bug. And I’ve seen a few!

1 Like

If you save you can reload, it is not completely lost. Don’t forget work (.work) and saved (.strd) files are different. The bug affect work files.

I tried 1.25E os and same behaviors unfortunately.

3 Likes

I forgot to report this! Life came up but I’ll try to this weekend

4 Likes

Hi, I’m on 1.25H and I just found out the exact same bug as described above affects audio tracks as well.

Fortunately, reloading the project, as sezare56 mentioned above, works.
Incidentally, the p-locks would also be retained if you copy the pattern and paste onto itself before powering down.

I’ll create a ticket w/ Elektron as well.

6 Likes

Confirmed :frowning:

3 Likes

If you do use the NO+ENC technique then here is your #1 suspect for those 'WTF it didn’t sound like that before" moments!

1 Like