Octatrack MIDI/CV conversion problem!

Hello, dear Octatrack users! I’m here to ask you a few questions.
Anybody ever tried Octatrack + some synth via MIDI/CV merger (converter)?

Cause I tried and that was awful! I did even thought It might be a converter problem. I sent it back to a customer.

He did a bit of soldering, changed a detail. But there was no luck! I received his MIDI/CV converter on a post today. Tested it and there’s same old glitch. On a PC and MPC3000 it works pretty well, I don’t know why :confused:

Octatrack making SH101 sounds glitchy when you changing the pattern. It happens when your MIDI track jam-packed with notes till last 64th note.

I’m desperate. What else should I do? Maybe I’m missing something? Help me, please. Whoelse tried Octatrack midi/cv convertation?

How much MIDI information are you sending to the converter? MIDI notes, CC messages etc?

3 Likes

Also have you tried another controller with that converter to make sure the converter is not the issue? I bought at kenton pro 2000 mkii and the aux outs by design did not have interpolation for midi cc commands so the parameters would jump per midi step. Really flawed design but many controllers are like that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m looking for Kenton right now.
So you saying it’s not works properly too, eh?

Peter, only pitch and gate I guess… Or more, I don’t really sure.
How do I test this?

I was asking what messages are you sending from the OT to the convertor. Just MIDI notes? Or CC messages, too?

2 Likes

With a midi monitor software on your PC. Plug Ot midi out to a midi interface.
A midi note from any midi gear will be the same. So it should work with Ot too. As @PeterHanes said, check and disable all other midi messages, even clock for tests.
It’s possible to filter unwanted midi events between Ot and your converter with midi processors, if you need these events for other purpose.

1 Like

Mkay. I’ll test this out

A big thanks to @PeterHanes @sezare56 and @kwamensah.

You were right, I disabled midi clock and prgrm change CC’s and it became stable. Seems like that was the point! :broken_heart:

1 Like