Octatrack + Make Noise 0-Coast = Love

Decided to dust off my 0-coast and make some use of it with OT, and after a week of zen-patching had something to record and upload. Thought some of you guys might enjoy it!

18 Likes

Love it man, this sounds amazing! Love the slow build-up and the space you left within the track, super inspiring! I have the 0-Coast and will hopefully get an Octatrack soon, can’t wait to try that comboooo.

By the way is there any kind of post-processing on this piece? Like mastering-wise? Or did you get this sound from the OT itself? I’m quite curious about how far you can get with the Master track feature and the built-in compressor/eq. Cheers!

2 Likes

Big fan of your music mate. Keep em coming.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks! I usually record into ableton and add a default limiter and a simple equalizer to shave of everything below 50hz. That’s good enough for a soundcloud upload for me, not gonna try and do proper mastering myself anyways :grinning:

@Microtribe Glad you liked it man, thanks! Trying my best, kinda ran out of steam lately and took a long break from music. Thanks to 0-coast (and holidays) got back in business, so here’s hope for more new music :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Great, thank you for replying, it actually sounds quite polished already, good job on the mix!

1 Like

…nice one…

but vox chops are way more prominent than the o coast…more o coast singing please…

1 Like

very nice!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna explore this setup thoroughly and if anything worthy comes out of it I’ll post it here.

@Unifono Thank you!

1 Like

nice, made me wanna find some vox to chop

2 Likes

I have to admit I’m still using that old as hell acapellas collection of 90’s and early 00’s hits :smiley:

1 Like

That’s the beauty of the octatrack. Infinite sample morphing.
Im still getting new sounds from the same 12 samples I loaded on to it 4 years ago.

3 Likes