Octatrack is late when sent CC or PGM to

When sending cc or pgm to Octatrack from Cirklon it doesn’t switch anything right away. However, If I press stop and play it switches. I didn’t have this issue before. Do you know what could it be?

No direct change.
You have to send the program change before OT pattern change.

Btw Elektron machines send their (SYNC page) program changes before the pattern change.

1 Like

Thank you! It doesn’t seem very logical. What if I want to play a pattern for 16 bars instead of 8, for example, and there is a program change in the end :neutral_face:

Isn’t it that when a program change is received, the next pattern will be cued up and then switched at the end of the pattern cycle or if change length (pattern settings) is set to a different value, according to change length?

2 Likes

I’ve just tried what seizure56 wrote and it worked as you said.

2 Likes

Another approach possible : send a restart message (Note 35, B1) just after Program Change. It starts with a pretty little lag.
If you can compensate that lag some way with Cirklon…

Cirklon has an option in the instrument page to send program change early. turn that on.

3 Likes

:+1:

That’s the best solution, thank you! I didn’t know Cirklon has this option.

I’ve used it with various Elektron boxes to great success. I don’t know how it would work with like the RYTM direct jump mode but everything else I’ve tried it with won’t change pattens until end of pattern anyway, so they can get change message very early.

1 Like

AKAIK it doesn’t work slaved, but I’d be curious to know if it works as master, receiving program changes…

1 Like

interesting idea! and yeah that would make sense if it didn’t work when synced. or even when master and receiving program changes.

1 Like

I‘ve heard it works, actually someone told me a few days ago that it works, I keep forgetting to try myself, though…

With AK? At least Direct Jump works with Multi Map, with OT’s arp for instance. To lazy to set it up though…

He tried with A4 clocking Rytm, direct jump on Rytm worked without losing sync.

1 Like