Octatrack FREEZING every time after I sending sounds from Ableton to CF card

Does anyone know anything about that problem? I was like sending samplechain which was just compiled in Ableton right to the CF card in Octatrack, it worked around a minute and then freezed.

And this is all the time now when I trying to do this with Ableton and OT…

MacOS

Well, there’s a picture I did in Ableton menu before I did an export to wav and to Octatrack which is actually happening at one time

1 Like

Are you exporting directly to the CF card from Live? If so, I would export to your hard drive and then copy the file to the CF card from there. I’m not sure if exporting directly from Live to the card could be the problem, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

1 Like

Thanks for solution. :heart_eyes:

So, you said it’s not a surprice? For OT?

1 Like

I’m very much a layperson on such things, but my instinct tells me that something to do with the way Live exports is probably locking up the OT. In any case, it’s such a small extra step to copy from your computer to the CF card that I would just do that instead of exporting directly, just to avoid the headache you experienced.

2 Likes

pro OT file, the heck is that? :smiley:

Shit elektronauts forum, help me! I discovered it’s (Octatrack) freezing everytime in sleep mode (not using in 1-2 hours while it’s switched on).

It has this laggy encodered Ableton samples which I was reported in a past topic a week ago. The heck what to do?

Buy a new card? Format the CF card?

I found x133 card. 32 gbs. Is it OKAY for OT?

What OS are you on? Try to reload it or grab a different OS like 1.25e?
Does it do it with an empty project?

1 Like

I’m not on Windows. It’s MacOS. I just bought a '16 Macbook Air

That’s my setup:

Octatrack OS… Reload that. Make a backup to your computer first.
I’m not aware of a sleep mode.

Also for testing purposes, make sure midi in is disconnected to your ot. Sometime a bunch of midi from a computer can be too much.

No I’m only at gear + midi method.

play it safer and get the 266x that comes with the unit … there shouldn’t be any cost implications

Please describe your workflow and connectivity as it is confusing based on information provided.

MD slaved to OT. Nanokontrol is plugged in through Kenton MIDI-USB host to OT IN.
The whole concept is using OT as a digital mixer.

Yeah interesting idea. I’ll check that!

I had/have similar problems with a 32GB 266x. The 4GB card I got with my unit is OK, but can’t write a lot of data to the 32GB file before the system freezes.

If my OT was freezing I’d definitely file a support ticket with Elektron, especially if the warranty is still valid… Mine’s sat idle for an hour or more plenty of times, no issues…

2 Likes

OP was reporting that the freezing had to do with loading ableton files directly from ableton to OT. Is this stil the case? Files should probably not be loaded directly, rather via the computer file system first. What other circumstances does it freeze? I would try a clean CF card, that has been formatted, then retest.

2 Likes

Scroll up a bit, he’s now getting freezes when just leaving machine idle, I agree it’s probably a card issue, but I don’t think it’d hurt to check in with the mothership…
Edit: I guess first I’d try like you said, copying all the stuff on the card to a computer, format the card or try new card, and I’d add an empty reset, nice clean slate… Then only use finder to access card…

1 Like