Octatrack freezes when left alone for a while

Hi,
when i stop using my octatrack (OS 1.25G) for a while—maybe 15 or 30 minutes— and get back to it, it has frozen. The UI is still it up but no button work anymore. All I can do is rebooting and it goes back to normal.
Has anyone experienced this? Any advice? Thanks,

Pascal
ps: I am using OS 1.25G

1 Like

It’s probably getting lonely.

Do NOT use OSv1.25G. Either downgrade to OSv1.25E or upgrade to OSv1.25H

OSv1.25G has critical bugs and was quickly withdrawn by Elektron shortly after release, same goes for OSv1.25F. No one should be using either of those os’s.

1 Like

Strange, the same thing happens to mine sometimes, and I’m using OSv1.25H.

Nice one. I’ll downgrade to 1.25E. Thanks.

How can I get a copy of OS 1.25E ?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7506135/OCTATRACK_DPS-1_OS1.25E.zip

1 Like

I get this problem too! Can’t recall which OS right now. …how critical is critical? If it still happens with 1.25H then what to do? Is there an official word on this? Where can it be found? Oh, and can we get a 1.26 now? Please and thanks! :slight_smile:

Rusty comin up huge as always. Thanks! Whats the official word on this because this is pretty terrible…

If only I could get past the boot up screen that keeps freezing so I can downgrade…

Can you get into Early Startup mode?

I got in long enough to downgrade to 1.25E but even after the downgrade I’m still having problems turning the octatrack on. I try to reboot and its constantly freezing.

Presume that with the card out now?

If not, try that.

If still no joy, try early menu, factory reset and/or demo mode.

If still no joy, try different mains outlet and/or different power.

how long should the factory/empty reset take?

Minute or two at best? If it’s hanging, sounds like a card or memory issue. If that was happening before, can be caused by corrupt sectors on card, and/or memeory issues.

Ok so maybe just wipe the card clean and try again?

You don’t need the card once upgraded… only for storing data and samples.

See how you go without the card for a bit… maybe try the demo mode? Whilst taking a backup of all your card data, format the card, then copy your stuff back on.

Thanks Pascal & Rusty!

1 Like

same thing happened to my OT today. went for a coffee and smoke break and OT was frozen when I returned. none of the buttons or knobs was responding. reboot fixed it. this is scary cause I bought this machine for performing live. OS version 1.25H.

I don’t smoke, but smoke is coming out of my ears. It’s about time Elektron solves the OS issues.

2 Likes