Octatrack Freezes completely in mid set!

this just happened with my MKII v1.40A

Moved the crossfader quite suddenly and it just froze…

wassssup?? can’t be having this when I’m playing a live set. any suggestions to how to keep it clean and make sure this doesn’t happen?

thanks team xx

Usb connected?
Midi IN/OUT connected? (Potential freezes with midi loopback and wrong settings).

1 Like

Since my Digitakt froze before and during several gigs i don’t trust it anymore. Most of the time it works well but occasionally it just breaks down for no reason. I would never play a big show with it. Same happpened to a friend’s Digitakt and i heard stories about the Octatrack too. I wonder how many times that happened to Cenk.

Last time my OT froze it was because I’d saved too many projects to the CF card. Deleting all the unused projeccts eliminated the issue. I was still using the CF card that was shipped with the OT, which was admittedly limited - like 8GB or something.

Later, I replaced the card with a 64GB one.

I have DT and Digitone and I didn’t have that problem with them. But my OT periodically freezes, I thought it was related to the card, but I also found it freezes in demo mode without a card, neither computer, no midi is connected to OT at that moment