Octatrack for Live Performance and Production (Organization)

I’ve been using my OT as a drum machine/performance mixer for my live looping set up for around a year. I use a dedicated Boss looper into input ab. I’ve been thinking about writing my new music going forward with the same set up I perform live with. This would mean have some pre produced elements on the OT running in tandem with my Looper.(I play guitar and sing) I have it set up like this: Track 1 (Kick) Track 2 (Snare/Clap) Track 3 (Hihat or cymbal) Track 4 (Resampling) Track 5 (whatever sample) Track 6 (whatever sample or loop) Track 7 (thru for looper) Track 8 (Master) I’m in the process of loading a large library of my favorite samples into the audio pool. It’s arranged by instrument/type. Anyone that has gone down this road have any words of advice/wisdom?

1 Like

I think there are already topics about it, I don’t have particular advices concerning sample organisation, which seems personnal, but I’m curious about what is your looper and if it’s master or slave.

2 Likes

[quote=“sezare56, post:2, topic:164717”]
I’m curious about what is your looper and if it’s master or slave
[/quote

I’ve used a few including the Boss RC-505 and currently using the RC-500 until my RC-600 arrives in the mail. I use the looper as master. I tried using just the OT as a looper for awhile but find having a dedicated looper allows me to using more of the OT’s potential within the set up as well as being able to loop how I want with no compromise.

2 Likes

Sold mine for the RC-505 MKII.
I hope to be able to get enough money to get it soon (I already ordered it but cancelled because of unexpected outgoings / taxes).

1 Like

Sold mine as well for the RC600. I was using an app called Quantiloop temporarily but it had connection problems during a gig so I got the RC500 to hold me over until the RC600 comes. The 505 Mk2 is going to be great from reading the manual. Hope you are able to get it soon!

1 Like

Apparently same firmware base as RC600 which have 6 tracks. Enjoy ! (I got use to faders).

Indeed. Very exciting times! May I ask in what way did you use your 505 with the OT?

I used the RC505 mostly standalone with guitar and voice, sometimes with Digitakt.

Next plan with OT is to do realtime mangling with OT (sequenced / pitched recordings) and eventually record loops with RC505. I’ll see…

1 Like