Octatrack Flex Machine

Hey folks,

Not sure if anyone has ran into this issue before: sample disappears right after I record in the flex machine.

I’d place a trigger and adjust the start on that trigger (sample can be heard when I preview it by holding the trig + yes) but when I hit play I get no sound AND the sample disappears when I go to the editor.

I noticed this would happen always on Track 3 of a project but now it happened in Track 1.

I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong just not sure why the sample just disappears.

Thanks in advance for your input

Peace!

This is to do with the OT architecture. When you record a sample, you are not recording to a flex machine, you are recording to a recording buffer. These are different things, they are just accessed in a way that makes them look more linked than they really are.

As you know, flex machines play back samples, and that sample can be whatever is currently in the recording buffer ( or anything else in your sample slot list for the project). EDIT: actually any recording buffer can be assigned to any flex machine. I’m assuming you’ve assigned recording 1 to the flex machine? If your recorder for buffer 1 (i.e. recording1) has a trig on it and it’s in ‘one’ mode, it will write over recorder buffer 1 each time it passes that trig while the sequencer runs. My guess is that there is a recorder trig that makes your sample ‘disappear’ when you press play.

The best way to avoid losing a sample you like is to go to the file menu in editor mode and save sample copy. Then you can assign the saved sample to a flex machine.

Sorry for brevity, I’m on my phone😁

4 Likes

@OtisThorpe
This video explains it well.
As well as other bits :arrow_down:

1 Like

Remove the recorder trig that is recording over your sample.

5 Likes

Or make it a oneshot.

1 Like