Octatrack Feature Requests [closed]

I really don’t like 2 hands combinations either but what about something simplier : same buttons without PAGE :

[DOWN] activate FILL mode for one pattern cycle
[UP] activate FILL mode as long as the keys are held
[UP] + [DOWN] latch Fill mode
[UP] unlatch FILL mode

Those buttons seems unused…:thinking:
It would be even possible to do it with YES (ARM / ARM ALL One Shots) with one hand ! :loopy:

2 Likes

I put that one in the Small Tweaks thread

Heads up for that thread let’s keep it alive because there are so many super-modest, useful requests that come from long user experience. Some of them have to be easy to implement without side effects, right?

1 Like

Trig conditions for recorder trigs, and possibly also slide and swing trigs.

That’s a brilliant idea! Would love to see this.

I’d be the first to buy an output expander hw if such a thing would surface. Imagine 8 individual stereo outs…:aw:

2 Likes

maybe this exists already but an offset for the LFOs would be cool. I know we can design our own but still, offset seems like something that could be useful (but I’m about to watch @CarlMikaelBjork video on elektron LFOs so maybe it exists) :smiley:

Some machines have the Start Phase parameter. Not the Octatrack, though.

3 Likes

I would love it if the nice colourful track selection buttons on the Octatrack MKII pulsed to show the output level of that track. I always make a mess of machines and forget what’s where, and this would help me hugely!

2 Likes

i like the idea of pulsing track selection buttons on the mkII - that would be a cool option, maybe as a Project Preference so the feature could be switched on and off as the user desires.

something i would like to see is a “Get Info” button in the File Management section … to easily have a quick file count of how many files (wavs and .ot) are in a particular folder. i’m doing song production sessions each day with the Octatrack, double and triple layering synth and bass lines… it’s easy for the file count to mount quite quickly.

would prefer not to unknowingly over-fill a folder past the allowable 1024 files if possible, and a quick file count check via the OT system would be useful as an option alongside the “Make Dir” and so forth.

1 Like

I would also really like it if my lovely OLED screens auto-dimmed or auto-off’d after some period of inactivity … my beautiful octatrack mkII is already showing some burn-in. It doesn’t affect operation but I guess at this rate in a year or two it might?

i use the inverse screen option with the OT, white on black, not sure if that helps avoid screen burn although it is much easier to work with for long sessions.

the mkII in my studio is currently displaying the most unusual assortment of non-standard colours on the buttons atm. Not sure why, although i think the issue is the Compact Flash Card is possibly compromised. Utterly gorgeous array of colours, it would be so cool to have a user-selectable colour palette via some computer application.

1 Like

I quite like the sound of the Dist parameter on the Lo Fi effect.

When increasing the Dist amount, the volume goes up, so i was wondering if maybe a second parameter could be placed next to the Dist (in the conveniently blank available space next to Dist) … some kind of “level attenuate in relation to Dist amount” rotary?

this way it could be possible to realtime increase the Dist and maintain same volume level, it would just sound cool when performing live, etc.

although actually i just realised the Level rotary is always immediately available for each track. so maybe the extra rotary space could be a “compress in relation to Dist amout”. Or a different type of subtle tube overdrive effect for later implementation.

anyway the more i use the Octatrack effects, the more i realise what a strength they are of the machine. very enjoyable sound qualities for production and performance.

2 Likes

An alternative would be to use a scene to drop the level on the amp page at the same time as you raise dist, you’d have good control over how much you attenuate, or even further use a compressor on the track too and use that on a scene

1 Like

maybe this has already been mentioned: but a Personalize option where you can be asked for confirmation before reloading a part.

It’s terribly frustrating when you’re riding the vibe, working at full speed on a kit (part) and you reload it by mistake…

yeah I know - “always save your parts” but sometimes yo do a lot in 15, 30 min, or whatever - you could always disable this option for live performance.

2 Likes

Couldn’t find that confirm part reload function…

it doesn’t exist yet, it’s a feature request :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok I thought you were answering someone.
It’s a good feature request. :wink:

New machine type - Digiwave it has the exact playback parameters as the Digitakt, and maybe a couple of extras. It makes sense to have the flagship sampler be able to do all that the entry level one can, and it makes a good reason for Digitakt owners to upgrade to the OT :wink:

4 Likes

Great idea! But I feel I’d be constantly diving into the personalize menu to turn it off so that I could “performance test things”. But I hear you; I’ve lost a bit of work over the years accidentally hitting the part reload combo in the heat of the moment. :laughing:

I would love for Elektron to add an FX block preset feature. It would be so useful to have different compressor presets, for example, and be able to apply them to other projects. Maybe I should post this in the Octatedit feature request, too. Even if it was a feature that needed a computer I would be happy.

3 Likes

OctaEdit already does this via the Sequencer and Library Modules.

Copy, Paste, Save, Load anything / everything; including:

• FX Chain (Combined FX1 and FX2)

• FX1 or FX2 (Supports all FX types independently: Filter, Equalizer, DJ Equalizer, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Spatializer, Comb Filter, Compressor, Lo-Fi, Delay, Plate Reverb, Spring Reverb, Dark Reverb)

6 Likes