Octatrack Feature Requests [closed]

Trig Count in the microtiming menu retriggers envelopes.

3 Likes

Octatrack has 8 stereo tracks possible.

Shouldn’t it then be feasible to make the Octatrack duo-phonic if only using Mono audio?

I think it would be great to have the option of having a mono duo-phonic (2 voices) track vs. a stereo track as an option. This way if you chose mono you could blend audio tails together for looping audio.

1 Like

maybe it’s been mentioned before… but it would be much faster and easier to have trig conditions on the empty slot on the AMP page… AFAIK it’s only used with scenes, and since they’re mutually exclusive, I don’t think it would be a problem

Double-tap the function button to lock it on, so that the next button you press behaves as if function was held down. After that, function returns to normal behavior until next time you double tap it. Would solve every single “you need to hands to do this” problem I can think of, and would just be a simple tweak to the UI code. Maybe make it a behavior that can be turned on or off in the personalize menu.

EXAMPLES:

Double-tap FUNCTION with your left hand then press PAGE with your left hand to open SCALE SETUP without ever needing to take your right hand off of whatever other gear it was messing with.

Double-tap FUNCTION because you think you’re going to need to tap in a tempo on the fly, but at the last minute you change your mind and instead just tap FUNCTION one more time to unlock it.

1 Like

An interesting trick about that :

2 Likes

Please implement the game Doom or Return to Castel Wolfenstein. That’s the only feature I really need! Oh and Duken nuken 3D for the mk2 models!

3 Likes

Have you tried up up, down down, left right, left right, scene B, scene A, play
at early startup menu? :smile:

5 Likes

Thats Contra man! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Made my day XD

Parameter slides for Midi Tracks. Or a function that calculates the values and sets parameter locks.

For example: Synth is sequenced by Octatrack. cc is aussingend to a Filter. Pattern has 64 steps. I want to place a parameter trigger on the first step, with a cc for a closed filter, on the last step I have the filter complete open. Now a function calculates a midi cc value for every step and places the parameter locks. Result a perfect filtersweep. If a real slide is used, the sweep won’t have aliasing, but the midi connection has more data to transfer. If it’s just a function, the midi will only send one value per step, but then a filtersweep with 128possible values would open the filter for 2 values per step(if the pattern has 64 steps, and it starts with 0 to max 128.

But to be honest I don’t expect any new features on the Octatrack. I‘m ok with it, as long elektron is creating a wavetable/FM/super fancy synthesizer :wink:

1 Like

You could do something similar just by using an LFO assigned to the filter,
pLock depth and speed as desired.

4 Likes

You mean a LFO and a paternlock on the first step with 0 depth and on the last step with max? Not sure what you mean.
Is there a way to start the LFO with the first step and a way that on the last step he has exactly one cycle?

I was thinking on the 1st step plock the depth and speed to get the desired ramp or whatever wave you choose.
You could choose ‘one’ for triggering in the LFO settings, or on the second step pLock depth to 0.

1 Like

Ok, I then do I have to try different speed settings if I like a full LFO cycle for 64steps?

What I already did was, a manual filtersweep via the encoder of the OT, but I never got the perfect timing so that it fits.

1 Like

Yeah, just experiment with creating an ramp using the depth and speed.

1 Like

Ok, will try it. Thanks a lot JuanSolo!

1 Like

Simple request: Allow the selection of FX types via MIDI CC. Just requires the allocation of 2 CC #'s! :ok_man:

2 Likes

It would be useful to turn off or on a bpm grid in the audio editor for reference starting at the beginning of the sample or first slice. This would be different than the slice grid which calculates from the length of the sample and then divides, or make it so you could have a option for the slice grid to start at the beginning of the file and put in slices in 4 8 or 16. This would be useful when you know the bpm of the sample but it’s a non quanized length.

:sketchy:?

Yeah, that would be interesting, with CC for Parts too ! A kind of workaround : copy / paste your pattern, change Part and Fx, send a Prog Change.
There are enough free CCs for a few Setup pages settings, like lfo Multiply, Filter Drive…(and ability to plock them too).

My #1 request for years… Then you could actually sync two of them up :open_mouth:

2 Likes

the feature request is for there to be a bpm reference grid in the audio editor/ slice area that works from the start of the sample, and that you could turn it on or off. Make sense?

1 Like