Octatrack + Digitakt midi pattern change

As I use DT Patterns as banks with drum sets, I would like to assign pattern of the digitakt (slave) to the pattern of octatrack (master). Right now it’s possible when I use one midi track to change the pattern thru the prog change channel , but it’s messing up as the digitakt follows the pattern from octatrack (playing A01 when OT plays A01) and it switches in between sometimes playing the pattern set, sometimes the followed pattern.

I would like to play A01 in OT and digitakt to play pattern D14. Is it somehow possible?

If using midi track for program change disable the send program change from the sync menu.
The sync menu gives the direct pattern number relation, using a midi track with that disabled you ought to get D14 on the Digitakt by sending program change number 62 (I think) from a midi track…

The midi track program change is only sent when entering a pattern assigned to a different part, so you get 4 changes per bank. The DT might change late with this method however, I believe…

1 Like

Just wondering: is it possible to change patterns from octatrack to digitakt. Lets say I have connected DT as midi slave to octatrack. And audio from DT is getting into octatrack via thru track. Is it possible to change DT pattern while I change the OT pattern A01–> A03 or whatever. Can DT follow that?

Yes.

On the DT:

• in the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > SYNC menu, activate PROG CH RECEIVE, and
  • in the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > CHANNELS menu, set PROGRAM CHG IN CH to a specific value.

On the OT, in the PROJECT > MIDI > SYNC menu:

• activate PROG CH SEND, and
  • set the associated CHANNEL number to match the value you set for the DT.
1 Like

cool. will try that!

Beware that if you’re using different track time divisors on the DT, it will cause the PC to register late and change at the wrong time.

1 Like

What is a track time divisor?

In the pattern length setting, when using individual track lengths, there’s a setting to play it at fractional our double the speed.

I set all tracks on both my Analog Keys and Digitakt to 64 1x and the Digitakt still wouldn’t change on time. I went to song mode and it still waited a full cycle.

I put the Digitakt as master over the AK and it works now. The little shit won’t take orders from any other device.

1 Like