Octatrack Crossfader Causing Midi Latency?

I don’t use scenes too much, so maybe I just never noticed this. However, when I move the crossfader quickly it’s causing my midi drum sequences to lag and then catch up? Is this a known issue?

i know I used to be able to crash my buddies pigtronix looper when using the slider. not in front of my OT, but I think you can disable it

Which drum machine/synth are you sequencing?

Octatrack running 1.25 H… Just opened a new project, no audio samples loaded, scenes muted, simple 4 to the floor drum pattern using 3 midi tracks and I still get the “wonkiness” when I move the crossfader back and forth quickly. Same effect whether I’m sending midi to Roland TR-09 or Vermona DRM-1 ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Project -> Control -> Midi Sequencer -> CC Direct Connect is turned on.

Hmmm, still get the same result with CC Direct Connect disabled.

It’s a not as bad on the DRM-1 as it is on the TR-09… maybe it’s just a midi thing?

So moving the crossfader, causes midi jitter on the target devices?

Is this the only scenario that this occurs in?

That’s correct. It’s fine as long as I move the crossfader slowly. If I quickly flip it to one side or back and forth, it causes the jitter.

Midi thing, pretty sure.

You can turn xfader midi Cc off with Project Menu > Midi > Control > Cc out set to INT.

What are your midi connections ?

Ah, thank you! Turning Midi Control > CC out to INT did the trick! I guess I thought it had to be set to EXT for the Octatrack to send any CC messages?

INT + EXT is the default setting.
Check your midi connections too, it shouldn’t happen with only one CC.
Midi loop maybe…