Octatrack control of Access Virus Ti2

I just got done making one for my Nord Drum 2.

Nord_Drum_2_MIDI_CC_One_Sheet.pdf (51.1 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this! :beers: I used it all the time now with my Machinedrum -> Virus. Most cc stuff is in manuals but its super useful for having it in one place and most of us are too lazy to make a doc.

I second making a database of these in the Files section here!

I know this a while back but thanks for this list! I just got a Virus TI (had a snow a while back but sold it) and this will be very useful. I have these for all of my devices in a little laminated flip book that I keep near for plocking, now I donā€™t have to make one for the TI :sunny:

1 Like

Laminated? Wow, youā€™re even a bigger nerd than me! (please note thatā€™s intended as a compliment.)

2 Likes

Assimilated!

4 Likes

Thanks for this!

Such a great thread!

Iā€™m sequencing a Virus TI with an OT and attempting to have a multi on the Virus change at the same time as I change patterns on the OT. Does anyone know how to do this? Iā€™m using the Virus in multi mode, program changes enabled.

I know that the OT (and other Elektron Boxes) can change the Virus TI multi on pattern changes. My stuff is packed up at the moment, due to an impending move, so I cannot give the exact procedure but have you set program change send on the OT and program change recive on the Virus?

Yes to both. I havenā€™t been able to figure it out

Iā€™m using Multis as a way to save output routing templates, and use the per channel midi program changes saved with Parts to change patches as needed. This means I stay on the same multi but the 8 tracks controlled by octatrack change when needed.

I know this is different to what youā€™re looking for but it works well for me :slight_smile:

There is a global program change number you can assign in the virus settings, is that set the same as your OT program change channel?

Great thread - I just updated my rig to include a Virus Ti2 and it rips. I havenā€™t even delved into the nitty gritty of CC automation and patch changes yet!

Make sure the octatrack actually sends PG change, otherwise that should work.

Does anyone know how to set channels on the Virus when using it as a MIDI controller?

I want to use my TI2 with an Octatrack, Syntakt, and a Waldorf M. I would like to use the keyboard to control the Virus internally, but also, via midi, the Waldorf M and certain channels on the Syntakt.

Right now I have MIDI going from the Virus OUT to the Octatrack IN. MIDI OUT out on the Octatrack is going into the IN port of a MIDI splitter. Then I have the Waldorf M, the Syntakt, and the Virus getting MIDI from the splitter.

In the config settings on the Virus I see a global channel, but no other channel settings. If I set the Virus and the OT both to global channel 16, and turn Local to OFF on the Virus, I am able to trigger the other machines. However, If I want to sequence the Virus from the OT, the only way I can see to do it is to set a MIDI track on the OT to channel 16. But then that triggers the Syntakt, since itā€™s the global channel. How do I get midi back to the Virus without using the global channel?

One additional piece of information: right now I only want to use Single Mode on the Virus. Iā€™m not ready to figure out Multi-mode.

Thanks for any tips.

Sequencer mode (press multi+single together).
Then the selected part determines the channel.

1 Like