Octatrack As Mixer?

I heard that on certain type of samples, with VOL or LEVEL assigned to the crossfader. So I wouldn’t be surprise that it’s also the case with DIR.

Thanks for replying.
Wanted to understand if this is an issue with my unity or just expected behavior.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expext that from Octatrack, but I can confirm there are steppy noises changing DIR level. Obvious with a sine wave for exemple.

Same noises as VOL or LEVEL assigned to the scenes, moving crossfader to fade out.

Surprisingly, it doesn’t seem to happen changing VOL or LEVEL directly.

1 Like

Thanks for checking.
Yah i find surprising as well that other volume related params change smoothly but not the DIR one.

Still no OT( but.

A silly idea came to me and I dare you all to ask. Can I route the stereo pair from the audio interface (with a bunch of equipment) to the stereo inputs of the OT and from the OT to the monitors?
Can the OT be a thru conductor and at the same time record my equipment when needed when I want to in my tracks? Like a bypass?

1 Like

The OT has a direct monitoring mode in addition to thru machines, so yes.

1 Like

Thank you. this is the last reason to buy OT. Convincing)

Hopefully setting up this route isn’t the hardest thing to do.

Resurrecting a old thread to drop this bit of knowledge: The Octratrack also has filters on by default, and even wide open they seem to do a bit of filtering, so if you want a sound coming in pristine, turn the filter all the way off–switch it out for a different effect or just have nothing.

2 Likes

FTFY !

3 Likes

Please help me to understand this routing and settings.

My first device from elektron in a long time. It took me a long time to get to this point and I’m finally there.

PS
Couldn’t help myself and did a little customisation, putting the orange button on a lovely grey to match the lovely grey faceplate)

3 Likes