Octatrack as master, Digitakt as slave - how to swing?

Dear Elektronauts, I have been trying to figure this out for some time, but no luck so far.
My setup is Octatrack as a master for transport and midi-sync and Digitakt as a slave. The Audio of the Digitakt is routed to a THRU-machine of the OT.
I create the Drums mostly on the DT and want to use the swing function of the DT. When slaved to the OT the amount of swing on the DT doesn’t change the beat at all. When I change the amount of swing on the OT THRU machine (either per step with swing trigs or in general with FUNC+LVL for the whole track) it doesn’t change either.

So my question is: Is there any way to achieve DT swing with this setup? Can the DT swing if it’s slaved? I really would like to programm the drums on the DT while keeping the OT as master…

The Monomachine has a quirk that means that its swing gets quantised to 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% when it’s synced to midi clock. But I thought that it was the only Elektron to do that. The DT manual doesn’t mention that (the MM manual does).

1 Like

I am wondering the same!

1 Like