Octatrack and Behringer Td3

Hey guys, just want to ask if there is any way to sequence the behringer Td3 with octatrack mk1? I want to program the Td3 with the octa and also sequence it and using the effect from octatrack for the td3.

But I can’t find a way to do it

You will need to connect the two with a MIDI cable like this:

Octatrack MIDI OUT -> TD3 MIDI IN

I own neither, but the next step will be to set the correct MIDI channel. This should be in both the Octatrack and TD3 manuals.

2 Likes

Yeah I connected it correctly and also set the midi channel on the same, but it didn’t work :confused:

Did you try try sequencing from the midi tracks?

Did you press Yes (on octatrack) when choosing midi channel?

1 Like

I figured it out. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Hey, would you kindly share your findings?

1 Like

hey there, could you please share how you made it work? I am struggling on my side. Thank you!

I figured out a solution on my side for sequencing my TD-3-AM (Yellow) with the Octatrack : I have to restart my TD-3 after setting up the midi track dedicated to the TD-3 on the Octatrack, and it only works with Midi Channel 1

1 Like

So you sequence the TD3 with the OT and use a blank pattern on the TD3? When I set up MIDI channel 1 in the OT, it starts the TD3 and plays the TD3’s sequence, but I’d like to sequence the notes with the OT instead.

I read somewhere that one person changed the mode to trigger on the TD3 but that doesn’t seem to work.

Is there way to say, use the OT arp to sequence the TD3 or should I just stick with making patterns on the TD3 and send clock sync with the OT?

Double check your firmware on the td-3 might have missed an update. Generally setting the sync mode to something like usb or internal should disable the clock sync input. I haven’t tried as I’m one that feels the sequence is 90% of the 303s sound combined with the filter.