Octatone merging

1. Crossfader sends CC48 on the lowest audio track midi channel (MIDI > CHANNEL)
    If they are set to off, nothing is sent.

:thinking: New Os ? Did I missed something?
Problably the most demanded feature request!
@dialectric could you explain how please?

1 Like

guess i shouldn’t answer questions when away from the lab. but i try not to be on elektronauts in the lab anyway, har har.

so you can’t scene lock CCs after all? damn. i must be remembering something i did with a DT sample instead then.

1 Like

Unfortunately no. But you can use CC48 mapped to other CCs with a midi processor.
@guga’s Goliath is ready for that.

1 Like

Couldn’t you do the OT auto midi learn to a parameter on the DN and p-lock the learned parameter to a scene on the OT. Such as have one of the OT encoders midi learn the x and y mix encoder on DN and p-lock that to scene a and b in both directions per scene. Wouldn’t that be the easiest way to control parameters with the fader to be able to mix between them?

DN x/y mix was just an example of one. You could use it on any DN function right? Such as the harmonics as asked about above you could p-lock that midi learned encoder to the scenes and scroll through the harmonics with the fader that way right?

Midi CC work, but I can’t send midi notes conditionally trigged…
And now I can’t retrieve the state where I could send notes manually from the DN to activate track recorders :frowning: I feel lost rn I’ll try later

no, because the OT doesn’t have midi scenes

Like said earlier, the xfader has Cc48 changing the DN global B operator, but i don’t think it has to do with DN sending track recording “requests” to the O since Track recorders want to be triggered by a midi note, D#4.
I managed to retrieve the working state. If you want more details I’ll be happy to share with you guys the whole setup with a video, it’s starting to make sense now but I believe there also was displaying issues because whenever I tried to see if the recorder trig worked, I placed a few ones on the OT sequencer and watched the waveform that was inexistent Lol. I’m going to save as a new project one more time and keep this one for further experimentation like 24 LFOs… :slight_smile: generative patterns are coming easier now just by MIDI learning CC31 and CC29, and leaving 3 LFOs playing freely.

I think I will need to make a bug report anyway but I believe the Quadra Thru is involved in this case.

Now I’m gonna make Arrs. Anyone managed to make a gig with lazy Arrangements and with easy muting processes? I should make a thread but maybe the admins are not gonna cut my head off!

Just check Global B midi CC number, it must be CC48. Same behavior with A4 Fine Tune (CC48)

If you want to trigger OT SCR3 recording with DN, just plug a midi cable between its out and OT in. Make it simple.

Ah just thinking DN notes are very probably 1 octave higher, like A4, AR, probably DT…
Try D#5.

1 Like

D#5 or D#4 are not being identifiable to me because the scale looks different on the OT, but it would have been if I could pLock that D#4 or D#5, and I can’t. Once you’re done with MultiMap i’d love to see you trying because no matter how I try to explain it, I believe you don’t 100% see what I mean : I want just a conditional Midi trig that enables SRC3 rec. When I press the DN D#4 (or D#5 whatever works) key OT src3 records, when I make trigs on the midi sequencer, it just doesn’t do the recording :’(
This is also why I feel like I should make a bug report: my conditional SRC 3 recording only works on OT midi loopback with no other gears attached :slight_smile:
We. Want. Trig conditions! Like on the Ad!
What do you think?

Wrong settings on DN or it would mean that it can’t send midi notes!
Does it work sequenced without trig condition?
I’d try again. Check pressing the right note, record it in on DN.

This can be long, I don’t have a DN! :sleepy:

I think it just can’t… Because i’ve had tested with normal trigs before trying with conditional ones. I think it should be made on a future version!
Anyway track recording requests can be sent on the go and even if it makes a different result than I was looking for, it’s a pleasing solution for a psytrance user lmfao

Thank you very much for the quick answers, every inspiring topic. I’ll keep that one to study the 24 LFOs story!

Of course this will work also from the sequencer. It’s just a single midi note to send and I cannot think of any reason why just this one note (midi note value 63) couldn’t be sent correctly.

So either your MIDI channel configuration of the track is wrong or you are overlooking something like an active track transpose (when this is a supported feature on the Digitakt). Or a mute? When sending other (normal) notes from that track does the OT produce the correct/corresponding track sound?

If you have the possiblity connect the Digitakt to a computer (or another device which can display midi data) and check what really gets send (which channel and which note).

2 Likes

I love the info you give on the OT, absolutely love it (more ideas than I have time) - but what would you intend for the multi map? I was thinking drum patterns controlled by OT arp with possible odd pattern length.
Can you explain a bit more about your idea?

1 Like

I also noticed regarding multiple lfo tracks from OT into DN there seems to be a block on shared CCs. So track hierarchy allowing only one lfo control with track number priority.
Is this correct?

Ps love your idea about sample n hold type lfos to reduce data :control_knobs:

@lucktus what I’m thinking for you is try turning off all midi output from your OT apart from clock/transport.
Even disconnected you midi splitter and try just two cables for your Elektron boxes to see if they work alone.

If those two trouble shooters don’t work…
Now I’m not sure ,I’m just grasping here but I did read about shifting your step on the sequencer one micro left so itd be ahead of the relieving sequencer (OT) step. ?

It was a good suggestion by someone to check transpose or some other reason the D#4 is wrong or not recieved proper.
Try recording a D#4 from dn to ot, sequencer to sequencer (to check that works).

Good luck - it can get so messy in the mind with such capable boxes.

2 Likes

So you think DN can’t send notes with its sequencer? :content: It is just possible.
A midi note is a standard, so it is possible, and not very complicated. Wrong settings. I think you didn’t give enough details on your settings, midi channels you use…

I think OT’s D#4 is D#5 on DN.

Thanks!

Yeah, as you said essentially drums sequenced by OT’s arp, like I did with A4. Btw is it possible to modulate DN Multi Map sounds? (With A4 you can with Perf Macros). On A4 Multi Map sounds can be modulated like sound locks. Is it possible with DN CTR ALL, or momentary tweaks of a parameter?

A4 Multimap vs OT arp

2 Likes

Yessss I think so. I’m having the issue once again right now
Now you asked for details so here we go! :slight_smile:
EDIT: obviously DN has MIDI parameters set to send master midi clock messages, just in case, who knows?
OT AUTOCHANNEL 16, AUDIO T4 has CH.16 too, and my DN MIDI T3 is supposed to send D#4 to launch a SRC3 REC, still on CH. 16.
Now, whenever I hit play, I want D#4/D#5 whatever on my DN sequencer, and when I get to the corresponding track recorder, I only see it recording when I place a regular recorder trig.
My OT has transp mode send, but it worked with receive too, it sends the clock to my gears, it is set up as Pgm change master on channel 16 too. The goal was to determine which parameter enables the SRC3 rec. Step by step, I changed the channels to conclude that only the track channels matter. Now for more safety, I left the auto channels to 16 on DN and OT. Whenever I saved this I could throw SRC 3 rec on the go and get awesome results. This setup still doesn’t include D#4 trigs as conditional src3 recs, but I assumed it was OK. DN output channel is set to trk channel to allow me to reproduce the trick on another track recorder. This is great when it works. My request was about conditional track recorders, and I can say I went nuts one more time this afternoon : when it started to zörg I tried plugging off and on the incoming MIDI cable from the OT and it worked again but not for long. No midi notes messages are transmitted to the OT because I smashed all the keys from the DN MIDI keyboard and I can’t see that track recorder doing its job!

You might want a video? I have some pictures proving the crowd I am not wrong!

As I am having the issue at the moment I can tell the problems comes from the DN because I reloaded the project on the OT and I can’t make any SRC3 recs from the DN. Channels are the same, and I’m having the issue since I created the thread. DN is set as
OSes versions are up to date, my MIDI cables are in good shape, and as I said earlier, midi settings are OK. Imma try this out with a whole new project. I know some settings can lack of rigour as the day I’ve received my OT, I already had xfader issues that I could correct by creating a new project, and no my scenes were not muted Lol :slight_smile:

@Spheric, tried the trick, removed all the other ssynths and tried again. I am going to try that with a whole new project.

1 Like

Use more filters in your OT midi output. Filter all midi out except clock and transport.
If it works then you know midi howl around is your prob and need to work on your settings. (I dont see the need for auto channel to match and would change this also - just in case).

Just to clarify did you say conditional trig wont work but normal trig is fine?

1 Like

Sorry I cant help you I haven’t used multi map.