Octarack headphone crackle

Wondering if anyone has a similar issue…

When listening through headphones from headphones out, the right channel crackles and come on when I turn up the out put, but when turned down again starts crackling/cutting outafter a few minutes.

Any ideas?

ignore me.

I’m experiencing the exact same problem with my OT.
It’s almost 3 years old. Usually when you restart problem gone.
Thus is hardware issue need to send the unit to Elektron.

Anyway, doesn’t bother me a lot…

Good Luck with your :wink:

Hardware issue. It’s covered by the warranty.

Same issue - save yourself from headaches, send it in, they fix it.

Same issue here too. I contacted Elektron a few weeks back. My OT is still under warrantee. They said I should send it to the service center in LA. I said I’d like to go ahead and do that but they never responded with an address to send it to.

I figured maybe Elektron is super busy with the launch of the Analog keys and hopefully they’ll get back to me with an address for the service center in LA soon.

Darn. This just started happening to my OT… usually just the right headphone out drops. Sometimes it sizzles a bit first, like a cold solder joint or a burnt transistor, then nothing. When I cycle the power, it returns to normal. Maybe heat related?

Where do I send it in for service?

Sent in a support request. Of course, now it’s not doing it :-/

It’ll happen again…don’t worry.
Once it starts it just keeps happening.
There are a few work-arounds that help temporarily.

I sent mine back to SW and got a replacement.
Others have sent them back to Elektron and had the issue fixed.
It seems to have been definitively determined that it’s a hardware issue as you suspect.

Mine is on its second trip to the shop to repair the headphone jack and I am missing it…absence makes the heart grow founder.

Wow. Okay. Well I guess it’s back “in the box” for me for a while. Elektron have not yet responded to my support request, but… it’s the weekend so hopefully I will hear from them Monday.

Nothing yet. Hmm… I though Elektron’s customer support was pretty good. This is a bit slow.

Okay, I’ve officially gone insane. I picked up a second OT (on sale), so I can keep working while the other one gets sent off to be fixed (at some point). Then I picked up a Machinedrum UW MKII. Ouch.

[ul]
“It’s so clear to me now. I’m the keeper of the Cheese, and you’re the Lemon Merchant. You get it? And he knows it! That’s why HE’s gonna kill us! So we gotta beat it. Yeah. Before he lets loose the marmosets on us!!! Don’t worry little missy, I’ll save you!”[/ul]

Definitely send it in for crackle. Had to send mine twice, must be hard to fix. Think there were other multi-send-in people on the old forum.

Gotta say I’m surprised by their lack of response

Yeah. I filled in the support form, generated a case number. Was I supposed to do something else?

I would think that’d be enough.
I’m sure they’re just swamped with the AK release but you’d think there would be an acknowledgement of that fact to anyone who is in line for a response to repair requests.
Hey…at least you’ve got a back-up.
Any plans for the time that you’ve got two?

Something like …

I have a cold shower every morning just before I go mad, and then I go Mad, 1. Mad, 2. Mad, 3. Mad, 4…

Hey Gents,
guess that’s the most recent thread to pick up with :smiley: (?)

My OT MK1 has the same issues - just discovered recently because I never uses the headphones jack really?

What are the workarounds?
Anybody knows how much the fix would probably cost (or if it s even due to a gesture of goodwill (production issue) for free?

Thanks for your help
R

Hi Ron

Mine is still doing it, the work around is play a loud sound or add a compressor to a track and increase the output of the track. The right headphone will then be heard.

I opened mine OT up this week but couldn’t see anything obvious.

It’s weird how a loud sound will turn it on, but if left for a short while, it occurs again.

I doubt it’s a connection issue as it would never be come back on in that case, I could be wrong.

1 Like