OctaHack/OTRP: tempo dependent sample repitching (MMP/Pd, lemur)

Update 29 September 2014

OctahackOTRP MMP v3 - Now idiot-proof !!!

• Played live using the patch on Saturday; this compelled me to make the tempo input buttons bigger.

• looper and encoder remapping have been omitted in this version. The up side: You only need one MIDI cable now, and no setup on the OT.

Find the latest version (HoToolzOTRPv3_MMP.zip) here:

EDIT 18 MAR 2015: broken link removed, will repost asap.

Update 23 September 2014

Octahack MMP v2

-now uses the same, improved repitch algorithm as the lemur version
-no longer tracks MIDI clock; you enter master tempo manually*

• the old version is still available.

here: http://hotoolz.tk (HoToolzOctahack_MMP_v2.zip)

*i will happily discuss this change in detail with anyone interested when i get the time.

HoToolz Update 27 July 2014

OTRP for lemur – improved master tempo tracking and sample repitching.

• Improved repitch: The previous, approximative algorithms used in the MMP/Pd patch (OctaHack_v101) have been replaced with an expression that is precise within the constraints given by the MIDI standard and OT’s pitch parameter scaling. (max. deviation: +/- 0.1 semitones)

• Improved clock tracking: the lemur version relies on the internal clock_ functions, which significantly improve tracking speed and stability, compared to the current MMP/Pd version.

• Easy setup (no “clock notes” in OT required).

INSTRUCTIONS

• Lemur patch download - here: http://hotoolz.tk (HoToolzOTRPv1.jzml)

• Connect OT MIDI in/out to an iOS lemur instance of OTRP via MIDI interface.

• Within lemur, enter the original tempo of the samples playing on OT audio track 1 (faders on the left) and track 5 (faders on the right).

• Important: Set Octatrack MIDI AutoChannel to: Off.

NOTES

• Encoder remapping and one-touch looping (present in the Pd/MMP patch) have been omitted in this lemur version. Minimal layout suitable for most screen sizes.

• Pd/MMP patch revision/update coming soon. The current one is still available for download.

Feel free to post questions or suggestions in this thread.

Thanks, Michal!

update, bump.

Updated on 23 September 2014.

This is probably a stupid question but… will this work with the hardware Lemur or is it only for the iOS app?

Good question. It should work with the hardware version as well (it only uses “oldschool” objects), but i only tested on iOS.

I was wondering whether templates designed for the Liine iOS Lemur could be loaded by the Jazz Mutant hardware Lemur. I’m pretty sure they can’t though.

I was given a Lemur shortly after I bought my Octatrack, 6 months ago, and I’m just about ready to start trying to integrate it.

Open the template in the editor and save it in legacy mode.

i have added a legacy template. (HoToolzOTRP_v1-LEGACY.jzml)
you can get it from the hotoolz.tk downloads folder.
let me know if you can open it on your lemur hardware.

Great, thanks! I plan to get it out of the box later today - I’ll let you know how I get on.

Updated 29 September 2014.