Great!!!

Still on board here! :sunglasses:

Many thanks for hard work making such a great editor for the OT! :+1:t6:

1 Like

Not as much as me I bet.

7 Likes

Haha most definitely^^

1 Like

Iā€™m going to be in crunch mode over the next few weeks, as home alone / bachelor mode.

So hopefully something by then / new beta release or RC.

Just working through some very cool; but very complex pieces of code / testingā€¦ some exciting new stuff which I think will open up some new avenues / ways of working with the Octatrack.

11 Likes

One of these would come in really handy right now.

3 Likes

Iā€™m noticing that the latest beta app comes up too large on my laptop, first app doesnā€™t. Where should I post the bug to, if not known already?

1 Like

Not really a bug as I disabled the resizing in that beta as itā€™s complicated.

So Iā€™d skip it as Iā€™ve completely rewritten all the GUI logic / invented an interesting way of handling complex multi-layered GUIā€™s.

And just check out the next beta?

5 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for the response :slight_smile:

1 Like

OctaEdit is available again.

Some things to note / the fine print:

OctaEdit v2 is a complete re-write from the ground up.

At this point in time, v1 is essentially as is; and no more changes will be made. So if you find a bug, it is what it is. If you have a feature request, you are more then welcome to submit it.

However there is a good chance I have fixed that bug you found, added that feature you want, or changed the way a process works, streamlined it, or optimised it.

I am in the midst of very heavy code review and going through checking and re-checking every bit of code line by line; just hunting down all the loose ends and doing lots and lots of testing.

I have added some very cool; but very complex pieces of code / processes that need heavy testingā€¦ some exciting new stuff which I think will open up some new avenues / ways of working with the Octatrack.

The last published beta is quite out of date at the moment; and my dev version is a few hundred iterations past it already; so like v1 Iā€™ve probably resolved any issues; added any new features etc. As mentioned above, I have completely rewritten all the GUI logic / invented an interesting way of handling complex multi-layered GUIā€™s; which is in the next release.

I am going to be in crunch mode over the next few weeks, as home alone / bachelor mode. So hopefully something within that time frame; a new beta release or RC.

However, I canā€™t guarantee a release date at this point in time; because who knows what might pop up or change in the meantime.

Any questions, feel free to ask. You know where to find me.

26 Likes

Very cool - I jump ship after vacation! Gratulation for the release!

3 Likes

Definitely next on my list, a must for all OT owners :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Will be a Christmas present for me (fingers crossed)ā€¦

2 Likes

Sturmfrei <3

1 Like

Whatā€™s available today? The latest v2 beta?

2 Likes

What is available today is:

Current builds are: v1.1.001 (OSX) and v1.0.010 (Windows and OSX Legacy)
Current OctaEdit v2 Beta builds are: v1.5.700 and v1.5.700

I would stress that the Beta builds are out of date now; and I wouldnā€™t advocate using them as there are some bugs in them. More to play around with. I am a few hundred builds past the current public beta; and have made some very significant changes which I think some people will like.

Unfortunately I wasnā€™t getting much feedback with regards to the Beta builds; so I have pressed on just doing it all myself; as it is quicker/easier for me to work within dev/debug mode. Alas that also means that public beta builds are lagging behind / not being pushed out.

A big shout out to @mokomo and @sezare56 and anyone else I missed who did some awesome testing and provided some really valuable feedback \o/

I am concentrated on OSX over Windows for various technical reasons (bigger screen, faster compiles etc.) and my Windows machine is focused on job hunting at present.

Doing Windows builds at the same time whilst performing line by line review / code checking is not the most optimal approach. Therefore if you are a Windows user; then I would say wait till v2 release / release candidate stage.

Hope that helps?

4 Likes

Yes, it helps.

Looking forward the stable v2 to buy it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bravo! Thanks for update! I have no computer, no Octatrack here. I come back before 2 weeks, donā€™t know when exactly.

No future for me. :content:

6 Likes

Bon voyage, mon ami!

When you come back, and see some of the new features that even you havenā€™t seen yet, it will be glorious :wink:

8 Likes

Looking forward to the WIN release thanks Rusty

4 Likes