OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

This may be way off but I woke up this morning from a dream where my OTmk2 was streaming individual tracks to my DAW via USB for recording (I should mention I just built a new studio space and go to bed every night trying to figure out best placement for everything).

The question is did I just have a premonition or did I just awake from a sweet unrealistic fantasy…?

Or is this life all a dream and nothing is real and we are all figments of… just kidding.

3 Likes

Do you ever wonder what would happen if you ate both pills?

I think I did… :thinking:

6 Likes

Does anyone know how Rusty build the OctaEdit software? Did he reverse engineer the .work file format or is there a documented API that he is using?

Thanks for any info!

1 Like

I do.

7 Likes

Nice. Care to share? I am inspired, would love to contribute if it was open source.

1 Like

Hi Rusty, new octatrack user from Ireland here! I picked up an MK2 from a guy here who had octaedit software in his name, just wondering how to go about transferring the licence? Thanks

Get them to send me an email with their name/email and your name/email and I’ll organise the transfer.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back, will do.

What’s your email, thanks

OctaEdit Update

Hi All,

Sorry the next release is taking so long.

My full time job at the moment is trying to find a full time job. So I can only work on OctaEdit in little bits and bobs right now; and you know what it is like when you are job hunting and sending out applications etc. Alas, bills to pay and mouths to feed.

Therefore I can’t say when OctaEdit v2 will be officially released, as most of my time/energy is focused on job hunting at the moment.

There is some nifty stuff already in OctaEdit v2; with some exciting new features… :open_mouth:

Just hunting down all the loose ends and doing lots and lots of testing.

There should be a new Beta (OSX/Windows) coming out shortly.

Best,
Rusty

25 Likes

PS: OctaEdit is temporarily unavailable for purchase at the moment.

Some big news very shortly, watch this space or like my Facebook page.

I am concentrated on heavy beta testing and optimisation at the moment of some new features.

Therefore I am not able to dedicate / provide 100% support to new users right now.

9 Likes

Hi all, I acquired Octaedit when I bought my used Octatrack. I haven’t really explored the software until now. I’m using v1.5.700 (beta) on macOS 10.14.5. I entered my user serial number.

I can’t seem to get started. Notably, when I click “Open Set”, nothing happens.

When I run the v1.0 software, things look pretty different but I am able to open the file browser.

Anyone run into this?

Sounds like a serial/licence issue; I’ll send you a pm.

3 Likes

Note: Copy/Paste from Facebook as I got asked questions over there… re availability / update etc.

My full time job at the moment is trying to find a full time job. So I have limited time to work on OctaEdit, and that affects my ability to provide the level of support I would like to.

Alas, like everyone else I have bills to pay and mouths to feed, and you know what it is like when you are job hunting and sending out applications etc.

On top of that, OctaEdit v2 is close to release, so I am in the midst of very heavy code review and going through checking and re-checking every bit of code line by line; just hunting down all the loose ends and doing lots and lots of testing.

Please bear in mind that I am just one guy, and OctaEdit is a pretty big beast, with a myriad number of functions and capabilities.

On a positive note, there is some very cool surprises no one knows about yet… :open_mouth:

17 Likes

Waiting for the update haven’t tried octaedit so far but I am really excited

1 Like

I have same live shows in December. Is it possible we’ll have 8edit by then?

1 Like

Quite possible / that is the plan. I’m essentially doing final code review / testing at the moment.

Depends on how it all goes of course, and at the moment it is just me doing the testing; so time is the killer.

11 Likes

I‘m really looking forward to the release!
OctaEdit has been on my list for quite some time, but my money always had to somewhere else -> :cat: & :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Hi!
Count me in! :smiley:

1 Like