OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

“It”, whatever “It” is, has begun. More news soon.

4 Likes

If you’re still interested and @Rusty approves it, my copy is for sale.

2 Likes

Can I sell my OctaEdit licence with my Octatrack?

Yes. Please contact me for more details prior to selling.

1 Like

I am interested in the license, if you please?

PM sent.

Either of you can send me a pm if you have any questions / want any clarification on anything.

1 Like

Thanks Rusty.

Paging @mokomo and @sezare56

1 Like

Ok. I can start after work. Waiting for instructions.

1 Like

\o/

Let’s do it! OT and W10 at the ready

2 Likes

\o/

I am ready to pay you. (mkii users)

1 Like

Just an update, as I’ve received a couple of emails/messages asking.

Closed Beta testing is on-going; there is a massive amount of new functionality to test / loose ends to tie up; a lot of optimisation has been going on.

Scarily enough, the beta testers have still only seen about 25% of the new functionality :open_mouth:

5 Likes

PS: Big shout out to @mokomo; every one should have and love a mokomo imho.

2 Likes

I’ve been contacted by a few cats who have very nicely and politely asked me to make OctaEdit available for a little while as they have important gigs coming up etc.

Important: If you are waiting on the official v2 release, my advice is to wait for that.

Please read the below carefully

I am concentrated on heavy beta testing and optimisation at the moment; so am not able to dedicate / provide 100% (or much at all) support to new users right now.

Pragmatically this also means that I am not going to be looking at enhancements, chasing bugs in older versions; etc.

Any bugs / feature requests / support inquiries will more than likely be a “That will be in / fixed / added in v2”; so please take that into account.

Also check the purchase page, FAQ, ask me any questions before purchasing if you are unsure of anything.

Current Version of OctaEdit?
OSX: v1.1.001
Windows: v1.0.010

(Read the ‘Status of the Windows Version?’ in the FAQ)

If I buy now does that include OctaEdit v2 when it gets released?

Yes

When will OctaEdit v2 be released?

Pragmatic answer is “when it is ready”.

I do not like publishing timeframes, as software development and hardware OS changes can always throw up unexpected scenarios; and I am not going to release the update just to meet an arbitrary deadline.

As above, cats have requested for OctaEdit to be available, and so it is; but take the above into account.

Thanks,
Rusty

10 Likes

Is OctaEdit a thing of the past? It has been a few months with no real news on this SW…

1 Like

maybe go there

@rusty said

I’ve been contacted by a few cats who have very nicely and politely asked me to make OctaEdit available for a little while as they have important gigs coming up etc.

Important: If you are waiting on the official v2 release, my advice is to wait for that.

Please read the below carefully

I am concentrated on heavy beta testing and optimisation at the moment; so am not able to dedicate / provide 100% (or much at all) support to new users right now.

Pragmatically this also means that I am not going to be looking at enhancements, chasing bugs in older versions; etc.

Any bugs / feature requests / support inquiries will more than likely be a “That will be in / fixed / added in v2”; so please take that into account.

Also check the purchase page, FAQ, ask me any questions before purchasing if you are unsure of anything.

Current Version of OctaEdit?
OSX: v1.1.001
Windows: v1.0.010

(Read the ‘Status of the Windows Version?’ in the FAQ)

If I buy now does that include OctaEdit v2 when it gets released?

Yes

When will OctaEdit v2 be released?

Pragmatic answer is “when it is ready”.

I do not like publishing timeframes, as software development and hardware OS changes can always throw up unexpected scenarios; and I am not going to release the update just to meet an arbitrary deadline.

As above, cats have requested for OctaEdit to be available, and so it is; but take the above into account.

Thanks,
Rusty

1 Like

@Rusty works hard on the new version.

3 Likes

No.

OctaEdit v2 is currently in private Beta testing.

Next stages will be public beta / Release Candidates…

Fixed that for you @sezare56 :wink:

11 Likes