OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

:open_mouth:

Everyone likes pretty pictures.

Yes. Currently a work in progress, but documentation will always come last.

2 Likes

Stoked for this and for @Rusty forging ahead, it will be worth the wait, I know it. :space_invader:

3 Likes

The Arp Designer Module

5 Likes

The LFO Designer Module

More news soonā€¦

5 Likes

Is there a place to sign up for the public beta or are you just going to have it downloadable on octaedit.com?

Super stoked for this btw!

Is there is a ā€œStatus Update On OctaEditā€ somewhere ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Haha. We were promised this thing! We need a class action law suit! Rusty is just one man, if we sue him heā€™ll put it out faster and it will be everything we expect and if itā€™s not weā€™ll sue againā€¦

Oops, wrong thread.

Seriously excited about this though.

1 Like

Who knows? At first I thought he was a bird, then, a cat, rabbitā€¦

Heā€™s definitely a rabbit. Riding a moonbeam.

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping for a playback position indicator (e.g. vertical bar) in the sample waveform display. Double points if I can click the waveform to jump the current playback position.

The primary reason: some of the samples I use are short. In these cases, itā€™s no big deal to sit for 10 seconds and allow a sample to play through. But other samples are quite long.

I do not see this feature in 1.1.4, which is the last version I have installed.

Done. 5 points.

Done. 10 points. (5 points * double modifier)

Rustyā€™s current score: 15 Points

6 Likes

*10 because Rusty keeps on crushing it!

150 points just on my post alone!!

1 Like

Hey, not sure if this is currently possible, I know we had a lot of fun messing with the arranger module when it first came out.

My one master feature request that I would kill innumerable babies for is this: the ability to concatenate arrangements. The limit of 8 arrangements per project has caused me so much grief as we use the ot as a sort of automated drum machine/sequencer in my band. Every time we write a new song and want to incorporate it into our sets I have to save yet another copy of the master project and replace an old song with the new. If there were a way to roll up arrangement elements into a new arrangement element containing arrangement A,B,C,Y,Z,X I could do our set planning in advance and manage a master live project and has so much less stress in life :heart_eyes:

1 Like

How many babies?

1 Like

Paid upgrade babies

If I start charging you, then Iā€™d have to start charging everyone else, only way to be fair :crazy_face:

:sweat_smile: sorry errybody

downloaded it ā€¦ 400 pages ā€¦ Rockā€™n Roll ā€¦ great work ā€¦ :star_struck: :open_mouth::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Donā€™t print or memorise itā€¦ Iā€™m currently updating it for v2.

2 Likes

Thanks for the notice ā€¦ I already guessed this after reading the first pages :wink:

ā€¦ but honestly ā€¦ 400 pages paperwork ā€¦ is a thick bock and there are woods to be saved ā€¦ I have all my manuals on an iPad next to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like