OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

gosh. missed the small time window to buy :wink: good luck with your OT!

It will be back soon.

Feeling your pain. Good luck with it!

may I ask what the repair did cost?
Asking for a friend :wink:

It wasnā€™t that much, incl. shipping something like 70 - 80 Euro I think, didnā€™tĀ“t take long either, had mine after 2 weeks.

But still annoying, because it was not my fault, obviously a manufacturing issue in some (early?) OTĀ“s.

1 Like

Hey Rusty Iā€™m ready to buy Octā€¦ah crap I missed it again!
:wink:

1 Like

Hi Rusty ! It look nice !

Is it usable on live while the machine is playing ?

No :slight_smile: fwiw thatā€™s in the FAQ I think, along with a bunch of other stuff I wanted to ask :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™m afraid not. Check ā€œDoes OctaEdit work in real-time?ā€ in the FAQ for a more detailed answer.

Back soon; sorry,

1 Like

One broken output socket, one bout of the flu laterā€¦ whats next?

Shiteā€¦ how? And when can I throw my money on you for an OE licence so you can get it repaired? :wink:

So, just to be clearā€¦ Iā€™m currently working on one very large, potentially final update for OctaEdit; that includes support for the Octatrack MkII, OSv1.30, Conditional Trigs and entirely rewritten manual.

When will the update be released?

Pragmatic answer is ā€œwhen it is readyā€.

I do not like publishing time frames, as software development and hardware OS changes can always throw up unexpected scenarios; and I am not going to release the update just to meet an arbitrary deadline.

I am expecting the update will be available in about three or four weeks / Mid to late April at present.

Will you be adding in function X, Y or Z?

Now would be a great time to let me know if you have any feature requests; or additional functionality that you would like added.

10 Likes

Feature request: ease the process of changing from static to flex and vice versa. We briefly talked about this in another thread.

Itā€™s on my list.

Function X would be great. It would add so much.

3 Likes

Good news ! Do you work with 1.30 C or D ?
Feature request reminder :
Megabreak of Doom Matrix Sample Chains. :wink:

1 Like

OSv1.30C

OSv1.30D has not actually been released yet. Some, um, ā€œBeta testersā€ have it at the moment.

Depending on where I am at when release time; will either support OSv1.30C (and not D); or if OSv1.30D gets released; then Iā€™ll have to go re-test everything and support only D, or both C and D

Iā€™ll know more in the next couple of weeks.

Itā€™s on the listā€¦ but like everything else; doesnā€™t exist until itā€™s officially released.

4 Likes

Ha! I grabbed a copy!

Not really worki g as intended but nothing to hesitate. I will wait for the next version to come and start using then.

Cheers!

Crunch Time / Alpha Testingā€¦

OSX / Windows Beta should be available in about two weeks all going well.

14 Likes