OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Be great to have you back :slightly_smiling_face:

Be good to see what I have for you in the new year :wink:

1 Like

Can this or anything else auto-populate Pattern Trigs? Looking to generate euclidean rhythms and other algorithmic patterns like my Rytm app

What do you mean by ā€œAuto Populateā€ ?

OctaEdit allows you to modify Trigs; or Trig elements (Trig, Swing, Slide, Rec A/B, Rec C/D, Rec I/N, Rec OS); Parameter Locks (draw or individual step); Copy/Paste (including indivdual elements) Save/Load to/from Library; etc.

Just ordered, the long wait is almost over.
So happy to get my hands on this soon.

Brilliant work rusty, worth every penny.
Thanks so much :wink:

1 Like

With a rush and a push and OctaEdit v2 is oursā€¦

OctaEdit v2 IndieGoGo Campaign - Only a few days leftā€¦

I have been running an IndieGoGo campaign for OctaEdit v2

Why an IndieGoGo campaign?

A lot of work has been done already on OctaEdit v2, yet still a lot more to do.

As I am sure you are well aware; OctaEdit is a massive program, with a wealth of functionality available; and now with the release of the Octatrack MkII and OSv1.30c there is more to do.

Doing an IndieGoGo campaign allows me to justify the effort that I am putting in; ensure more sales; and provide some marketing and exposure.

Whatā€™s new in OctaEdit v2?

• Updated GUI / UX
  • Octatrack Mk II Support
  • OSv1.30 Support
  • Conditional Trigs
  • Updated / rewritten manual
  • Some new functionality and improvements
  • Maybe Midi Import / Export; depending on how the IndieGoGo campaign goesā€¦

Will you be adding in function X, Y or Z?

Now would be a great time to let me know if you have any feature requests; or additional functionality that you would like added.

Post publicly either on the IndieGoGo campaign, Elektronauts or Facebook; or send me an email.

How much will OctaEdit v2 cost?

For existing users? Free

OctaEdit v2 will be a free update to all existing users; who will automatically receive a ā€œFullā€ licence; and I will send those out to you in time for the v2 release.

What happens if it doesnā€™t meet the target?

Then obviously there is not enough interest to justify the effort involved; and I then question if I want to spend hundreds, if not a thousand or two, hours worth of coding, development, testing, documentation, rewriting the manual and putting together tutorials etc.

If I do decide to release OctaEdit v2 anyway; then it will be in my spare time; as/when I feel like it; and day job / other projects will take priority.

What can I do to help?

Spread the word. Post positive feedback / referrals. Spam forums / public media. Inform Blogs / Websites etc.

Thanks,
Rusty

2 Likes

@Rusty
I think it was mentioned earlier that thereā€™s no chance OE will appear for iOS, which is understandable.
How about a simple? app to transfer loops to/from OT. It could offer sample chaining modes, loop slicing modes as separate IAPs to make it more or less sustainable.

Itā€™s really surprising that only 56 folks have backed this one. Have I grossly over estimated the number of OT users around the globe? Or some other reason?

Still, a wise move on @Rustyā€™s part to guage interest before kicking off.

3 Likes

Totally agreed - i would even plead everyone who allready owns the software to participate in the Campaign. I think a lot of the people owning an Octatrack do allready own the Software, and Rusty tries to give them the Update for free - which is noble but comes with the risk of abandoning the software.

Iā€™d be totally fine with a small upgrade fee - therefore i just donated my part to the campaign. I really plead every other existing user to do so as well, otherwise we risk having a piece of disfunctional software made for a prehistoric OS for the OT. And it would be just fair to Rusty, who is putting a lot of effort into keeping it alive.

1 Like

Come on everybody! This is such a small investment for something that makes your black machine open up as Pandoraā€™s box.

This REALLY should be a no-brainer for all OT owners (and Iā€™m sure weā€™re more than 56).

You either go in now or weā€™ll probably lose this software foreverā€¦

3 Likes

I was just too late to get any of the early bird OctaEdit (full version) preorders - the 50% off and 25% off are both sold out,
so now my plan has been to just buy OctaEdit when Iā€™m ready to dive into my Octatrack again.

2 Likes

For those who have asked about OctaEdit availability, check back inā€¦

TwoWeeks

7 Likes

I was interested in this software but I just got an Octatrack a few weeks back and it basically came down to not yet understanding what I might be missing or stand to gain from the multiple offerings that were presented.

I just didnā€™t have time to spend to figure it out or use my hardware much yet. Looks interesting though!

1 Like

Is it available? Iā€™ve been going to the website, but the purchase link directs to an inactive IndieGoGo.

1 Like

raises hand

Now can I give you some money? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Next weekend. Iā€™ll update the site this weekend.

3 Likes

Next weekend :wink:

5 Likes

This is pretty much where I stand as well. As of now, I didnā€™t have the time to properly dive into the machine, at least not deep enough to warrant spending on additional software.
That being said, Iā€™ve only read praises for The OctaEdit suite so I expect to be purchasing whatever version of the software is available in the near future.
Sorry @Rusty , I know thanks and promises wonā€™t pay your bills, but this is all I can offer you right now :disappointed_relieved:

Can I buy it now? Lol I feel like Iā€™ll have to buy it now with as much grief as I give you Rusty! <3

3 Likes

I paid, now a refundā€¦

Octaedit is the last missing puzzle to make the OT perfectā€¦ for me, such great work, thanks Rusty!

Too bad it didnā€™t work on Indiego, hope youĀ“ll find a way to make it availableā€¦ next weekā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

>> paid, now a refundā€¦ Octaedit is the last missing puzzle to make the OT perfectā€¦ for me, such great work, thanks Rusty!

Awesome; all sorted with IndieGoGo then? Good to hear. All out of my hands that.

>> Too bad it didnā€™t work on Indiego, hope youĀ“ll find a way to make it availableā€¦ next weekā€¦ :wink:

Iā€™ll have a bit more free time as of next Friday. Just polishing off work contract.

1 Like