OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

I see what you did there :rofl:

1 Like

It is from the perspective of OctaEdit customers. He didnā€™t say how much of his time will be consumed by travelling, or corporate work.

In a pedantic sense ;), you may be right heā€™s not having much of a ā€œvacationā€.

1 Like

On the purchase link for the website it says heā€™ll be gone until December 5th, today is the 9th

Hi! Any Idea why on sequencer view / audio section Iā€™m only able to select empty track sample. All the filled one arenā€™t displayed.
I have the latest OS of OT maybe itā€™s the reason why?

Year is not mentionedā€¦:slightly_smiling_face:
As you said get better at managing through the Octatrack until it is ok.

Valid point, I suppose he could have meant next year or the year after.

I agree w/ sezare56. Youā€™re going to want to continue getting to know your Octatrack and be able to do things with it without needing a computer hooked up to it all the time. Well, I would anyway.

OctaEdit Iā€™m sure will help a lot but itā€™s supported by a guy who has to work a different job to pay his bills. If something happened to prevent him from being back in business for OctaEdit on Dec. 5 I bet it has something to do with his ā€œrealā€ job, or family.

I donā€™t have OctaEdit, I donā€™t especially like software editors (not concerned by my compulsive GAS), I prefer to avoid computers, but I think itā€™s a powerful tool and time saver if you want to go deep in your own template project, for all banks, specific lfo designers, many arp patterns, slicesā€¦and more.
It would help me to find a workflow for sure, I didnā€™t find one after 3 years with OT. :sketchy:
Next year ? :smile:

I also donā€™t have it yet, but will probably get it soon. My Octatrack sort of crashed summer of last year in the middle of band rehearsal - had to quickly replace it with OP-1, Akai Headrush looper pedal, and Eventide H9 - already owned all those pieces of gear but wasnā€™t using them with this particular band as I was trying to maintain an easily transportable setup.

Anyway, itā€™s back in operation after deleting many old/unused projects and updating to 1.30, OctaEdit also being updated to support 1.30 is an incentive.

2 Likes

Iā€™m totally capable of using the Octatrack without a computer. OctaEdit just would allow me to organize things faster and clean things up once I was done with a track. Copy and paste all over the place is slow on Octatrack.

1 Like

I guess I misunderstood what you meant by ā€œneed to get better at managing through the Octatrackā€

Back now. ten days sans interwebs; five days of depression \o/

2 Likes

Thats the intention; and as/when it is; then an appropiate announcement will be made

Sorry about that; but I do have a rational behind doing so. I think what @Hans_Olo said pretty much nails it. Thanks Hans :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which Octatrack OS are you running? I assume OSv1.30B? Feel free to send me a message or email.

Hope youā€™ve banished those black dogs for now and the ā€œupā€ cycle is a long one.

2 Likes

I hear you. For me, itā€™s making it hard to sit at my Octatrack. Even though every time I do, I manage to produce something that Iā€™m proud of. My own brain is its own worst enemy sometimes.

The fact that youā€™ve reverse engineered the OTā€™s project files and data structures is really inspiring to me! (And I wonā€™t lie: the fact that OctaEdit exists is one of the reasons I bought the Octatrack. Not necessarily because I wanted to use the software (tho I think I will in the end), but because Elektronā€™s systems are open enough to allow it to exist. That helped make me feel very comfortable with the platform.)

Anyhoo blah blah, hope youā€™re doing ok and Iā€™m looking forward to hearing about the new version as it develops!

:bear:

2 Likes

Going to go offline for a couple of weeks.

Have a great Christmas / New Years if that is your jam.

Whatever you do, stay safe, have fun, make some music and be happy.

Iā€™ll see you in the new year, and weā€™ll see what that brings :wink:

10 Likes

You too Rusty ! enjoy every moment !!!
now we learn that :wink:

PS : iā€™m back in the OT world with OT MK2
and for sure back at some point to OctaEdit :wink:

1 Like

Happy holidays :smiley:

1 Like