OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Sorry to hear it, sending good vibes yoir way.

2 Likes

Where is my Licence Key?

Check your email; I am resending them to everyone who didnā€™t download theirs.

If you donā€™t have yours in the next twenty four hours; please contact me.

1 Like

All licences sent out nowā€¦ check your email . Contact me if you donā€™t have it.

Remember, youā€™ll only need it for v1.1.300 and up.

1 Like

if possible can u send me a Legacy version?
mac os x 10.8.5
thanks

1 Like

FYI: Iā€™ll have limited ability to provide support between Saturday 24th March and Thursday 20th July

My apologies in advance in you need any help; support will be available; just delayed so expect a response within 24 to 48 hours.

Iā€™ll be travelling for family medical reasons; so will not always be online.

If you havenā€™t got your licence key, send me an email and Iā€™ll send it over to you.

Purchasing is also temporarily disabled whilst I deal with stuff and things.

Thanks for your understanding.

2 Likes

Sorry if Iā€™m being stupid here, but what is ā€˜the regular wayā€™? I canā€™t find a download link for a new version of the software on the website or the OctaEdit forum or any upgrade path in the software itself! What am I missing?

Probably the download page? Links are included when I send you emails etc.

1 Like

OT Mk II support? :wink:

2 Likes

Ooooof! Donā€™t start all that here as well! :smile:

Spoke too soon - email from elektron - itā€™s official!

looks like it! And Rusty wonā€™t have to update anything for that :wink:

4 Likes

tl;dr: Yes

Long Version:

Given what I have briefly read and seen; the OT Mk II is just a new casing / screen / buttons with the addition of a few new shortcut buttons; and will be runnng the same OS as the OT Mk I; then the initial response is that OctaEdit will support both OT MkI and OT MkII running either OSv1.25E or OSv1.25H

3 Likes

Thats what they always say :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Looking at the new keys; I would expect a new OS release, OSv1.25I to handle the shortcuts that the keys will enable.

Naturally that means Iā€™ll need to do a whole round of testing and checking of the new OSā€¦

See @voidā€¦ itā€™s never that easy :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried octaedit? Any good?

If you want a license, I would sell it.
I guess itā€™s great, but I was too lazy to get into it. Iā€™m fine with my OT on itā€™s own.
Sorry, this was not not your question, other people will tell you a different story :slight_smile:

It does what it promises to do. If those are features you need then youā€™ll like it. IMO itā€™s very useful for organising messy OT projects into a neat liveset.

4 Likes

FYI: Back to normal operations. My apologies for the intermission. Life happens.

12 Likes

Hey there,
I just spent the past hour scrolling through the history on this thread and have a great respect for OctaEdit. Great work.

I mainly use my OT as a mixer having the AR and A4 go into tracks one and two, then add in some other loops on the other tracks.

My question is basic - can I drop samples to track slots like the SDS app for the AR?
Also, is it still possible to purchase just this subset of OctaEdit, and which one would it be?

My apologies if this is laid out somewhere.

Keep up the amazing work. Much respect.

Was it a fun read?

Kind ofā€¦ there is a different concept between the Octatrack and the Analog Rytm to a degree.

The Samples module is used for the Sample Slot management. The Sequencer module allows you to define which Sample Slots are used in which Parts as the Track Defaults.

The Track Default Sample is simply a reference to a Sample Slot; so if you drop a sample into the appropiate slot; then it will be automatically recognised. Or you can drop it into any other slot in the Samples module (e.g. Flex027); then change the Track Default to look at that slot (i.e. Flex027)

Not till I get the v1.2 Update releasedā€¦ There has been a bit of a delay due to personal / family reasons Iā€™m afraid.

Hope that helps?

2 Likes