OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

The Arranger module allows the ability to edit Arrangements in OctaEdit, and provides a wealth of funtionality.

Arranger:

• Added new ‘Arranger’ module.
  • Modify any of the eight (8) Arrangements in a special ‘Edit’ buffer.
  • Freely copy Arrangements within a Project.
  • Rename Arrangements
  • Add, Add at End, Clone, Move, Copy, Paste and Delete Rows within an Arrangement.
  • Edit Pattern / Action / Comments for one, or multiple rows simultaneously.
  • Edit Offset / Length for one, or multiple rows simultaneously.
  • Edit Crossfader Scene Assignments for one, or multiple rows simultaneously.
  • Edit Tempo for one, or multiple rows simultaneously.
  • Edit Midi Track Transposition for one, or multiple rows simultaneously.
  • Edit Audio and Midi Mutes for one, or multiple rows simultaneously.

Note: Functionality may be subject to change, additions, or depreciations.

3 Likes

Well, count me in then!

1 Like

Sent you a PM…

1 Like

An iOS version? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes! That’s exactly what I’m look for. Buy now!!!

No. From the FAQ:

iOS / iPad version?

iOS just doesn’t have the capabilities to integrate with the Octatrack, due to the limited access to the machine.

Likewise, the Octatrack doesn’t have the capabilities to be integrated to by the outside world due to its poor midi specification and non existent SysEx.

So whilst an IOS app could be written, it would provide less then 10% of the functionality of OctaEdit at best.

OctaEdit is a lot more complex then just simply sending some midi CC#’s or SysEx data.

6 Likes

People making quick photoshops and preseting that as something that doesn’t exist… :confused:

OctaEdit Announcement

As of v1.2.000; OctaEdit will be available in a modular fashion with a new pricing scheme.

Full Version US$99 : Features the Project, Samples, Sequencer, Arranger, Manager, Chainer, Audio Finder, Arp Designer, LFO Designer, Library, Analytics, Options and Support Modules.

“Samples” US$30 : Features the Samples, Chainer, Audio Finder, Analytics, Options and Support Modules.

“Manager” US$30 : Features the Manager, Analytics, Options and Support Modules.

“Samples and Manager” US$60 : Features the Samples, Manager, Chainer, Audio Finder, Analytics, Options and Support Modules.

Which one is for me?

Depends on what you want to do. Refer to the Manual and FAQ regarding the functionality of each module.

Can I upgrade from “Samples”, “Manager” or “Samples & Manager” to the full version of OctaEdit?

Yes. Available upgrade paths are:

Samples -> Samples and Manager: US$30
Manager -> Samples and Manager: US$30
Samples -> Full Version: US$80
Manager -> Full Version: US$80
Samples and Manager -> Full Version: US$50

I’ve already got OctaEdit, what does that mean to me?

Existing users have an ‘OctaEdit’ licence; so will automatically get the new Samples, Arranger and Audio Finder modules in v1.2.000

Any questions?

Just ask.

9 Likes

nice. it makes an already great program even better with the option to choose what one would need. thank you rusty

1 Like

Any ideas when purchase will be available again? Just got my bonus from work and really do not mind using an older release or beta testing until 1.2 release is finalized. If I don’t pick it up soon, this money will evaporate to cover bills.

I expect to be pushing out a new release candidate in the next day or two; just isolating / resolving some edge cases in the Samples module.

I’m debating whether to reenable purchase now, given the new news; or wait till the (full) v1.2 release; which shouldn’t be too far away.

Obviously given the large changes and the new structure is why I’ve withheld it from sale… tbh; best if I push out the new RC first; then think about it.

Ooohhh… you’ve got evaporating money like me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to hear Rusty! I know how development goes and do not want to be a factor in pushing it out too early.

I will try to be patient. I will try to only hit refresh a few times a day lol.

OctaEdit is now available for purchase again.

Please note:

OctaEdit is currently going through a Release Candidate cycle for v1.2.000 (OSX and Windows) as of 1st May 2017

All development efforts are concentrated on finalising the next release. This means that there will be no updates or fixes to existing versions.

Existing users can of course get their hands on the release candidates.

If you are looking for the “Samples”; “Manager” or “Samples & Manager” versions of OctaEdit, these will not be available till after the v1.2.000 release.

Purchasing OctaEdit now is purchasing a full OctaEdit licence; and will include the v1.2.000 upgrade when released.

4 Likes

Chack the FAQ… won’t be happening till after v1.2.000 at the earliest.

Probably a few minutes ago.

1 Like

OctaEdit: v1.2.000, Development Pipeline and Feature Requests

OctaEdit v1.2.000 to be released soon; is a very large update and introduces the following:

• New Samples Module
  • New Arranger Module
  • New Chainer Module
  • New Audio Finder Module
  • New modular licence structure and pricing
  • Another big announcement
  • Lot of code optimisation, enhancement, some bug fixes and lots of other stuff and things…

When will it be released?

When it is ready. I’m currently working on Release Candidate 01; dealing with some very complicated code right now / ironing out some edge cases.

It is currently in open beta / testing for existing users; so head over to the forums / send me a message if you want to check it out and I’ll distribute the RC once ready.

Licence

You should have received your OctaEdit licence. If you haven’t; I’ll follow up in the near future. Your OctaEdit licence will be required for v1.2000

Development Pipeline & Feature Requests

As a public FYI, the current development pipeline for OctaEdit extends past v1.2.000 to a v1.3.000 release.

And that will probably be it.

So if you have any feature requests / desires / bug reports / etc; speak now or forever hold your peace…

7 Likes

Yes, looking forward to it.

Right on Rusty!
As soon as I become even slightly financially responsible again I plan on picking this up for sure! :smile_cat:
Thanks for all of your effort, it’s a great bonus for the community… :3lektron:

2 Likes

http://octaedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100

Hi Rusty, looking to pick up an OT soon along with Octaedit. Looks like an amazing piece of software for OT users. Wanted to know the behaviour for renaming files as per the above thread, but I don’t know how you ended up moving forward. What I would like:

Renaming a sample also renames it within all projects - so that when I reopen the project, I can see all the new names. As you mention this means the projects need be saved as well to maintain dependencies. I’m fine with this!

Is this possible in the current version, or the 1.3 version? I would like be able to do sessions with lots of sampling and resampling without worrying about names, then use Octaedit later to go in and clean up the sample names later. This would be my main reason for buying the software.

Looking forward to jumping in. Hope what I’ve written is clear enough. :slight_smile: