OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Soooo OE keeps crashing on my computer. Running Win10 64Bit, I’ve tried reinstalling it, restarting my computer, working on different projects. Any ideas?

Are you running it as an Adminstrator? Could be a security / files permissions issue as I’ve heard that from one W10 user.

Secondly, do you have a specific anti-virus running, if so, what is it?

Thirdly, doing what? Or are you saying just crashes randomly?

Tried running as administrator. Just using the Windows defender. I’ve tried loading samples into flex and static slots, copying banks between projects, and slicing samples. It’s mostly random where it just hangs for a bit and then freezes.

Are you working off your computer, or directly off the Octatrack?

Hangs/Freezes? or Crashes? Or both?

Working off the OT. I should have been more specific. It hangs and becomes unresponsive. Then I have to task manager close it.

Ok. So scenario is: Freezes (doesn’t crash); when working off the Octatrack. You are running as an administrator. Doesn’t appear to be related to any specifc function? And of course you are running OSv1.25H.

Is that a fair assesment?

How old is the CF card?

Are the Projets “Newish”; or historical projects?

Did you want to take this to Skype?

Scenario is correct.

Card is a month old. Only had the OT that long. Project was started a week ago and updated today on the OT for a few hours before I picked up OE. I don’t actually have Skype. I did email the address in PayPal so we can do this via email if you prefer to keep it out of this thread.

I’ve pinged you an email. Let me know if you don’t receive it.

It’s that time again? Sure is… :smiley_cat:

Moving into the beta stage of testing for the new build, so when thats all done, the next release will be out.

If you are an existing OctaEdit customer and fancy like getting your hands on it and playing around / doing some testing, please post in the Beta Testing forum. (OSX only at the moment I’m afraid)

1 Like

Support - Limited 17th - 20th March 2017

FYI: I’ll have limited ability to provide support between Friday 17th and Monday 20th March.

My apologies in advance in you need any help; I’ll do what I can, but will have technical limitations due to no internet this weekend; so phone only.

:smiley_cat:

1 Like

^^ Back on the chain gang…

1 Like

welcome back :steam_locomotive: :grin:

1 Like

Guess no one wants new toys? ah well, c’est la vie…

Would love to but just getting to grips with OctaEdit as a pretty new customer and not sure how much help I’d be but on OS X - Sierra

Just wondering if there were any thoughts into a demo version of this product? Maybe without save features, or time limited? I would like to test functionality to see if it fits my workflow before dishing out the hefty pricetag on the software. Not saying it’s not worth the price, as a programmer I know how much work a project like this takes.

Would just like to be certain this is what I need, before locking into a purchase.

2 Likes

Yeah,I’d say get to grips with it first, before adding a bunch of new stuff? It is complicated software after all.

1 Like

Existing OctaEdit user?

Check your email… :open_mouth:

I’m not seeing nothing?

Holy Cow, @Rusty. This is the first time I’ve had the opportunity to poke around in this OctaEdit. My expectations were high, and yet I am still impressed!

1 Like

I’ve resent it to you manually… you should have it now?

Might end up in junk/spam? Let me know if you don’t receive it…