OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Samples: Bulk Edit Samples

The Bulk Edit Samples function in the Samples module allows the ability to modify multiple settings for multiple Samples at once.

Each setting can be enabled / disabled by toggling the Red Cross / Green Tick.

1 Like

OctaEdit is not a software version of the OT nor is it a homebrew Overbridge. If that’s what you need, then you are right - OctaEdit is likely not for you.

What OE excels at is allowing you to be messy when using the OT. You can throw samples in, create projects and sets, save off lots of parts and patterns while focusing on creating music and then later, go back and clean it all up.

Other folks find value in being able to sit back with a better screen/UI and arrange their tracks/patterns/banks and set up songs using the Arranger.

If the OT is connected to your computer, only 1 device is allowed to touch the CF card - either the OT or the OE software, not both. That’s a hard limitation that can’t be programmed around, so it limits what the software can do without throwing a full version of the OT (or at least the playback engine of it) into the code.

I suggest watching all the tutorial videos and see if they fill some needs you have with regards to how you use the OT.

2 Likes

@psyclone001 : Pretty much what @oldgearguy said. Thanks @oldgearguy :heart:

[quote=“psyclone001, post:1027, topic:4742”]
I am still genuinely interested in purchasing it but without allowing a personal demo on the operation of the editor[/quote]

Apart from the videos, we can catch up for a personal demo via Skype / Twitch if you so wish.

Any last minute feature requests, bug reports, complaints, stuff or things?

For the record: @guga made me do it. :smiley_cat:

:scream::grin:

OctaEdit : Sequencer Recorders

The Sequencer module provides access to all 8 Recorders in each Part.

Each Recorder can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library and reset to its Default Settings.

Additionally, Recorders (i.e. all 8 Recorders combined) can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library and reset to its Default Settings.

1 Like

Version: OctaEdit v0.9.970
Release Date: 2016 10 10

Whats new?

OctaEdit

• General optimisation and bug fixes throughout OctaEdit.

Videos

Known Bugs / Status

• A couple of minor bugs / feature issues kicking around, which may end up getting pushed post v1… as these are (afaik) the only outstanding issues; are diminishing returns, and holding back v1 release…
2 Likes

i remember you mentioning being able to import midi files (.mid) into octaedit. is this something we might see in a future release? would be immensely helpful. ive collected a ton of midi files and occasionally i like to see how they sound in the sequencer with my gear.

[quote=“drowned, post:1036, topic:4742, full:true”]
i remember you mentioning being able to import midi files (.mid) into octaedit. is this something we might see in a future release? would be immensely helpful. ive collected a ton of midi files and occasionally i like to see how they sound in the sequencer with my gear.[/quote]

Midi Import/Export is something that you “might” see in a future release.

However, at present, the offical answer is “No”. It’s not in there, and I am not promising that I will add that functionality at a later date.

It definitely won’t be in there before v1. And the realistic, pragmatic answer as to whether it will ever be in there is “depends on sales”; bottom line, I’ve got mouths to feed and bills to pay, so we will see what the future holds. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OctaEdit : Sequencer Audio Machines

The Sequencer module provides access to all each of the eight Audio Machine in each Part, including all of its sub-elements like Playback, Amp, LFO 1/2/3, LFO Designer and Effect 1 and 2.

Each Audio Machine can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library, reset to its Default Settings and Changed.

The default Sample can be changed (only on Flex and Static playback obviously)

Any of the sub elements (Playback, Amp, LFO 1/2/3, LFO Designer and Effect 1 and 2) can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library and reset to its Default Settings individually.

FX Chains (the combination of Effect 1 and Effect 2) can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library and Loaded from the Library.

Additionally, Audio Machines (i.e. all 8 Audio Machine combined) can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library and reset to its Default Settings.

2 Likes

OctaEdit : Sequencer Midi Machines

The Sequencer module provides access to all 8 Midi Machine in each Part, including all of its sub-elements like Note, Arp, Arp Design, LFO 1/2/3, LFO Designer and Control 1 and 2.

Each Midi Machine can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library and reset to its Default Settings.

Any of the sub elements (Note, Arp, Arp Design, LFO 1/2/3, LFO Designer and Control 1 and 2) can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library and reset to its Default Settings individually.

Control Chains (the combination of Control 1 and Control 2) can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library and Loaded from the Library.

Additionally, Midi Machines (i.e. all 8 Midi Machine combined) can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library and reset to its Default Settings.

2 Likes

Hey Rusty! Just a question, is the arranger module already out?:heart_eyes: in mind?:yum: discarded?:sweat: abandoned?:sob:
Thanks!

An Arranger module is something that you “might” see in a future release.

However, at present, the offical answer is “No”. It’s not in there, and I am not promising that I will add that functionality at a later date.

It definitely won’t be in there before v1. And the realistic, pragmatic answer as to whether it will ever be in there is “depends on sales”; bottom line, I’ve got mouths to feed and bills to pay, so we will see what the future holds. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:thup:

2 Likes

OctaEdit : Sequencer Settings

The Sequencer module provides access to all Settings for all 16 tracks, the Mixer and the Pattern Settings for each Pattern.

It is divided into four sections: ‘Audio Track Settings’, ‘Midi Track Settings’, ‘Project Mixer’ and ‘Pattern Settings’

Audio Track Settings: Each Audio Track is configured as a ‘Channel Strip’ and all behave exactly the same. Main Volume is Scene lockable when editing a Scene. One Shot, Trig Mode and Trig Quantise are only available when the track is set to ‘Plays Free’

Midi Track Settings: Each Midi Track is configured as a ‘Channel Strip’ and all behave exactly the same. One Shot, Trig Mode and Trig Quantise are only available when the track is set to ‘Plays Free’

Project Mixer: Provides access to the eight settings of the Mixer. Dir A/B and Dir C/D are Scene lockable when editing a Scene. (Note: These are the same as shown in the ‘Mixer’ group of the Project module)

Pattern Settings: Provides access to the Pattern Scale, Pattern Multiplier, Pattern Mode and Pattern Chain settings per Pattern. The ‘Pattern Mode’ defines which of the Scale / Multiplier settings to use. Changing the Scale updaes the various ‘Sequencer Views’

1 Like

OctaEdit : Sequencer Views aka Step Editing

The Sequencer module provides access to Sequencer Views for all 16 tracks. The views available depend on the track.

Trigs (Audio and Midi Tracks) : Include Trigs, Slide, Swing, Rec AB, Rec CD, Rec IN and Rec OS

Individual Trigs can be added, edited, cleared.

The whole Trig row can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library, Reset to Default Settings and Randomised.

Each sub-element of the Trigs view (Trigs, Slide, Swing, Rec AB, Rec CD, Rec IN and Rec OS) can be Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library, Reset to Default Settings and Randomised.

MicroTiming (Audio and Midi Tracks) can be graphically edited, Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library, Reset to Default Settings and Randomised.

Trig Counts (Audio and Midi Tracks) can be graphically edited, Copied, Pasted, Saved to the Library, Loaded from the Library, Reset to Default Settings and Randomised.

Sample Locks (Audio Tracks Only) can be graphically edited.

Parameter Locks (Audio and Midi Tracks) There are 30 Parameter Lock views per Audio and Midi track. These are dynamic based on the track type, and Effect/Control allocations. Each of these can be graphically edited.

1 Like

I’m spending more time making videos then I am coding these days :confused:

1 Like

You should be proud of it.
Visible side of the iceberg is how you see the iceberg…

2 Likes

What is it, 1/10th of the iceberg is the visible part :loopy:

1 Like

Thanks Rusty. Will let you know if I decide to take the plunge :slight_smile:

1 Like