OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Hi Rusty i have a simple question but cant find the answer in the actual manual. How do you hear your sample with the trim start and adjusted ? Same thing with slice .

Thanks.

Short version:

At present you donā€™t Iā€™m afraidā€¦

Long version:

Iā€™m trying to come up with the cleanest / most elegent solution from a UI/UX viewpoint of handling what should get played whenā€¦

The idea being that it will play full by default, Start <-> End when you click on the start or end handles, and Loop <-> End when you click on the Loop handle, with an option to override all that and play the full loopā€¦

Its get a bit more complicated when I start dealing with all the possbile slice markers and so forthā€¦

tbhā€¦ I needed a mental break from the Samples module.

At the oment, I am concentrated on polishing off the new Seqeuncer / Arp Designer / LFO Designer and Library modulesā€¦ and then Iā€™ll swing back to the Samples and do some more work.

Okā€¦ been having consistent irregular problems with the forumā€¦

The host company tells me they believe it is a problem with softwares and suchā€¦

So Iā€™m going to be updating the forumā€¦ if it disappears for a whileā€¦ it means Iā€™m sorting it out.

Wish me luck

OctaEdit v0.0.900 released.

What did the Easter Bunny bring you?

Whats new?

Sequencer

The return of the Sequencer moduleā€¦ first release. More to come later.

The View group on the right allows the ability to toggle the top half of the module to display:

• Tracks: View Audio and Midi machines.
  • Recorders: View all 8 Recorders simultaneously
  • Settings: Combined Mixer, Track Settings, Scale, Swing etc.

This is the first release of the Sequencer, so the following applies:

• Audio LFO Designer, Midi LFO Designer, and Midi Arp Deisgner are intentionally disabled.
  • Library integration / functionality is currently disabled.
  • The large area across the bottom is intentionally left blank.

Audio

Midi

Recorders

Settings

ā€˜Channel Stripsā€™ for the individual Audio and Mid tracks, containing all the applicable Mixer, Settings, Scale, Swing etc.

The Project Mixer settings are displayed across the top on the right hand side.

On the right hand side of the Settings, tare the controls for the Pattern Scale, Multiplier, Mode and Chain.

1 Like

Important: Due to personal reasons, support will be limited between approximately 7th April 2016 and 21st April 2016

Have a nice holiday! (I hope not sickness)

Have a nice holiday! (I hope not sickness)[/quote]
Whats one of those?

No, not a holiday Iā€™m afraidā€¦ though I would love one, havenā€™t had one since 2009 :expressionless:

Sweetā€¦ finally got my Mac back after the move, time to get back to workā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

nice to hear that :slight_smile:

OctaEdit v0.0.950 released.

Donā€™t burn the library, till youā€™ve read all the booksā€¦

Whats new?

• The return of the ā€˜Libraryā€™ moduleā€¦
  • Save/Load anything* to the Library
  • Copy/Paste anything* from any Set/Project to any other Set/Project

OctaEdit:

• Internal code optimisation. Various bug fixes, enhancements etc.
  • Loading/Saving processes should be quicker.

Project:

• Added Copy/Paste functionality to all group menus.

Sequencer:

• Added Save/Load functionality to all group menus.
  • Added Copy/Paste functionality to all group menus.

* Wellā€¦ nearly anythingā€¦

1 Like

Any guess as to when the chainer module might make itā€™s reappearance?

Probably in the next build or two.

As an FYI, all the functionaliy and more will be integrated into the Samples module, as opposed to being a seperate standalone module.

couple of nights ago, I dreamt of having an Octatrack, oddly it was blue instead of black.
I did not understand the device at all, kind of like in the film ā€œWaking Lifeā€ where they explain that you can figure out if youā€™re dreaming when you canā€™t read clocks or other technical minutiae. Guess OctaEdit would have come handy :slight_smile:

1 Like

hahahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

Great! Iā€™m looking forward to it. Iā€™m still using the old wine version!

Great! Iā€™m looking forward to it. Iā€™m still using the old wine version![/quote]
Iā€™m working on it at the momentā€¦ but Iā€™ve had to rewrite it all from scratch for new bells and whistles, so will be a bit different, but should be betterā€¦ crosses fingers

Hi!
Is there any arrangement module available?
Can I have expectations about that?
Thanks.

Not at present.

But there is an Arranger module coming at some point, already done, needs spit and polish / testing etc.

Hey Rusty, does the current mac version allow for import of MIDI files to OT? What kind of format? Iā€™m hoping to import from Live, which exports ā€˜Standard MIDIā€™ files.

Also, this ā€˜Arrangement Moduleā€™ you are just speaking of - this would allow us to create in ā€˜Song Modeā€™?

Itā€™s doable, and I have a Proof of Concept done, but there is a lot of complexity, i.e. ā€œbusiness rulesā€ that need to be factored in.

Have a read of this thread, and you should get a feel for all the potential scenarios and complexity that it involves.

Yes.