OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

What does this mean?[/quote]
No nonsense, always helpful. almost always with a humorous twist.

Fanboys? Yeah, I’m a fan of friendly people who go out of their way to help others and push things forward.

When you look at the effort and the size of prospective buyers, I think anyone can agree the man could maximize profits a hell of a lot better than by coding Octaedit. This isn’t exactly a get rich quick scheme, I see it more as somebody doing a community a favor by investing huge amounts of time in a project nobody else can handle.

alfred, I don’t mean to seem like I’m ganging up on you, it’s only sensible to be cautious. It’s just that I’m really happy and grateful to people like Rusty and Void for doing what they do.

No nonsense, always helpful. almost always with a humorous twist.

Fanboys? Yeah, I’m a fan of friendly people who go out of their way to help others and push things forward.

When you look at the effort and the size of prospective buyers, I think anyone can agree the man could maximize profits a hell of a lot better than by coding Octaedit. This isn’t exactly a get rich quick scheme, I see it more as somebody doing a community a favor by investing huge amounts of time in a project nobody else can handle.

alfred, I don’t mean to seem like I’m ganging up on you, it’s only sensible to be cautious. It’s just that I’m really happy and grateful to people like Rusty and Void for doing what they do. [/quote]
Ahhh… this is really nice, it brought a smile to my face irl :slight_smile:

PS: You’re not off the hook Clunky… :angry:

v0.0.700 released.

OctaEdit… the gift that keeps on giving.

Whats new?

• Updated Samples module. Now includes functionality like a certain piece of software from a certain Swedish company…

• Edit Sample Trim Start/Loop/End points.

• Edit Slice Start/Loop/Ednf points

• Create slice grids

• Transient detection

• Export

• Bulk modify samples.

• Updated Manager module.

The return of everyones favourite module… More detail, and more stuff and thigs to come later.

• More to come shortly…

Ooh, transient detection!

Very nice! Thanks!

Rusty,
I promised myself, if Rusty ever program OctaEdit for OSX, I will buy… soon to be your customer OctaEdit.
My implementation of Octatrack into my in studio workflow is ah bit different. I paid close attention to OctaEdit and many times asked myself “do I need it?”
Rusty have truly build this thing from a user point-of-view IMO hence the reason for me being sold by OctaEdit’s possibly aid to my working experience with the “most awesome hardware sampler to date” the Octatrack. see you soon…

It could mean “we” generally know what you do for work
and the way you present on forums, a coder/sw developer and pretty straight forward with a nice dose of humor.
It could just mean “we” know you have a fetish for rabbits during full moons

Thank you very much :+1:

Dif-tor heh smusma :alien:

Thousand “merci” Mr Rusty, this week I had to load my OT with samples using the conventional method and I really hated it, I am so happy to see the Octaedit back.

Just to provide you with a bit more detail on this…

If I want to make OctaEdit compatible with ReCycle / be able to support REX file import*, there is some legal hoops and stuff and things that I need to jump through to sort stuff out with Propellerheads.

Then from there, I need to look at integrating their stuff into OctaEdit for importing REX files.

And then from there I then need to write a ReCycle to OctaEdit to Octatrack translator…

So… a whole bunch of faffing around, a whole bunch of work, a whole bunch of integration, testing, docuementation etc etc… and well, at this point, I could roll just that functionality into a standalone product / VST / AU…

Or you know,I could write a whole other bit of software, a VST/AU, tic-tac-toe in that same timeframe.

Hope that provides a bit of clarity.

* Note:

Import only.

REX2 export is a proprietary format that Propellerheads don’t provide/support etc.

You want REX2 export? You use ReCycle. Obviously, or else people wouldn’t buy it. (Not sure if you can do this in Reason? I haven’t touched Reason since v2.5…)

I’m sure I could figure out how to generate REX2 files, but again, in that time I can write my own stuff from scratch.

Thank you very much :+1:

Dif-tor heh smusma :alien: [/quote]
I think I know what that means… live long and prosper?

Either that, or you just called me something nasty :stuck_out_tongue:

Just bought and downloaded. Looking forward to get into it. Thanks again Rusty for the hard work.

Sweet. Anything you need / want, well, you know where to find me :wink:

There should be another big update coming in the next few days to a week… just sanity checking it all…

Thanks Rusty.
Yeah I know where to find you and I just wanted to let you know that I now joined the OctaEdit Cult, as promised some year or so ago.
Very happy to see that you got the Mac platform up and running, it was the only reason not to join sooner.

v0.0.800 released.

Don’t burn the library, till you’ve read all the books…

The return of the Library module.

Yay… forum down… host passing the buck… time to put my web dev hat on…

Hi Rusty.

I´m on a Mac 10.10.5 and just downloaded the OctaEdit version0.0.801.
I don´t have problems running the software/Instaling or update firmware. But I feel I´m missing something cause it´s only Projects, Samples and Manager that´s working.

I thought the new version included the Library?

Is this all due to running on a Mac and will be up i future updates?

Thats correct / I haven’t pushed out the actual Library module just yet, for integration reasons… I’m just working through all the sanity testing / optimisation of the Sequencer module at the moment.

The Arp Designer, LFO Designer and Library modules heavily integrate with the Sequencer module, hence why I’m holding them back. They are done bar a final round of sanity checking on the integration.

So you can expect to see those three arrive at the same time…

Library functionality is now available for the Project module only… Additional functionality and the full Library module for library management, will be made available as the other modules are released in the near future.

If you open a Set/Project… And click on the group menu button in the top right corner of one of the groups. (thats the little white down arrow you can see in the Mixer group or the Midi Channels group for example)

You’ll see that each group has two options:

• Load From Library
  • Save to Library

Save to Library will pop up a form requesting a Code and a Description of what is being saved. Naturally depending on the group/menu, only that will be saved.

Load from Library will display a form with a list of all the saved Library entires. Naturally depending on the group/menu, only valid Library entries that can be loaded will be displayed.

The red group menu button in the top right corner of the Project group works exactly the same… its red, becauses its special.

When you save/load with that one, you are saving/loading all of the project settings, so Mixer, Input, Metronome etc…

Hope that all makes sense?

Makes sense, thanks Rusty.

My apologies that wasn’t clear in the email, I should have provided more detail. Sorry about that.

PS: Library files get saved to /User/Library/OctaEdit/Library/

The Library/folder structure should all get created/checked as part of the startup process.