OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Does OctaEdit works with OSX 10.7?

OSv1.25E Supported.

OSv1.25F Is not, and will not be supported by OctaEdit for the obvious reasons.

OSv1.25G

Not currently supported by OctaEdit.

[/quote]
OctaEdit still only supports up to OT OS 1.25E right?

You need Wine.

http://octaedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98

Something tells me you’re really going to dig the next update… fuck, everyone should considering how much work its been and all the cool stuff I’ve put in it :P[/quote]
Can’t wait! Thanks Rusty.

You need to use Wine on OSX: Refer here for details:

http://octaedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98

AFAIK, there are people using it on OSX 10.7

OSX 10.11 / El Capitan has provided some issues thanks to Apple and the changes they introduced… but I have a fix for that which is coming in the next upate once I just polish off these last little annoyances.

OSv1.25E Supported.

OSv1.25F Is not, and will not be supported by OctaEdit for the obvious reasons.

OSv1.25G

Not currently supported by OctaEdit.

[/quote]
OctaEdit still only supports up to OT OS 1.25E right?[/quote]
AFAIK, there are people using it with the Octatracks OSv1.25H

Quite simply, I just haven’t gotten around to upgrading my Octatracks to do the testing yet, I’ve just been way too busy with the new build, then to sanity check the Octatracks OS.

But there shouldn’t be any issues, and if there are, well, its been caused by the OT’s OS…

v1.25F and v1.25G are definitely not, and will not be supported

You need Wine.

http://octaedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98[/quote]
lol, I could have just copied and pasted this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Something tells me you’re really going to dig the next update… fuck, everyone should considering how much work its been and all the cool stuff I’ve put in it :P[/quote]
Can’t wait! Thanks Rusty.[/quote]
You and me both… I’m just chasing little annoynaces at the moment…

Close to finally picking 8edit up now. Excited to see the new features. Also close to finally updating my OT os. Sick of the 1.25e flex audition crash thing. Concerns me a bit the casual ‘yeah, 8edit PROBABLY works on current OS but I haven’t tried it yet’. I remember being shot down for moaning about the 8edit price, but this is the kind of thing I was on about. The price isn’t insignificant, I’d expect the Dev to have at least tested it on the current OS… Can rusty/anyone confirm it’s all fine on latest os? Thanks.

Hmmm… I wouldn’t call it “casual”, I’d call it “risk mitigation”

I just haven’t had the time to test it to my statisfaction to be able to say “yes, all good”

Consider this…

OSv1.25E : Stable, and thus supported.

OSv1.25F : Introduced new bugs that caused corruption of Sets / Projects… retracted by Elektron, and thus not supported.

OSv1.25G : Introduced new bugs that caused corruption of Sets / Projects… retracted by Elektron, and thus not supported.

OSv1.25H : As above, I just haven’t signed off on it.

Now, having wasted time testing F and G, just to find out that they brought in new bugs, am I going to want to spend my time testing a potentially unstable temporary OS release, or concentrate on developing new features?

Twice bitten, third time shy…

Consider the bug that screwed up all the trigs… was F if I remember right… so, someone runs off, upgrades to F/G, and it screws their projects…

The first thing they’re going to do is go post all over the interwebs about how the OT / OE / whichever one they pick, flip a coin, fucked their projects…

Thats not a risk I can afford to take, nor am I prepared to.

Regardless of what we are talking about, software, cheese, bolts, magic beans… putting all your faith in an unknown quantity is madness, unless you’re Graeme Souness and we’re talking about Ali Dia… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm… I wouldn’t call it “casual”, I’d call it “risk mitigation”

I just haven’t had the time to test it to my statisfaction to be able to say “yes, all good”

Consider this…

OSv1.25E : Stable, and thus supported.

OSv1.25F : Introduced new bugs that caused corruption of Sets / Projects… retracted by Elektron, and thus not supported.

OSv1.25G : Introduced new bugs that caused corruption of Sets / Projects… retracted by Elektron, and thus not supported.

OSv1.25H : As above, I just haven’t signed off on it.

Now, having wasted time testing F and G, just to find out that they brought in new bugs, am I going to want to spend my time testing a potentially unstable temporary OS release, or concentrate on developing new features?

Twice bitten, third time shy…

Consider the bug that screwed up all the trigs… was F if I remember right… so, someone runs off, upgrades to F/G, and it screws their projects…

The first thing they’re going to do is go post all over the interwebs about how the OT / OE / whichever one they pick, flip a coin, fucked their projects…

Thats not a risk I can afford to take, nor am I prepared to.

Regardless of what we are talking about, software, cheese, bolts, magic beans… putting all your faith in an unknown quantity is madness, unless you’re Graeme Souness and we’re talking about Ali Dia… :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]
Haha sounds fair enough :slight_smile: just bad timing that I’m considering grabbing 8edit at same time as finally updating OT. Feels a little riskier than I’d like but should be OK. I’ll back everything up and take the plunge on both next week and hope for the best :wink:

v0.0.600 released.

Moonbeams, Bunny Rabbits and Octatracks, oh my!

Whats new?

• OctaEdit is now crossplatform Windows and OSX. (No more Wine :joy: )

• Improved, um, everything… better audio handling, better support for various file types/formats etc, better GUI handling, better UI, better UX, better stuff, better things.

• Updated ‘Project’ module.

• Updated ‘Samples’ module.

• More to come very soon…

Damn :frowning:

It says it needs El Capitan to run…
I don’t think anyone got installed El f%&$ing Capitan for music purposes, mate

Just to let you know

Alex

v0.0.600 released.

Moonbeams, Bunny Rabbits and Octatracks, oh my!

Whats new?

• OctaEdit is now crossplatform Windows and OSX. (No more Wine :joy: )

• Improved, um, everything… better audio handling, better support for various file types/formats etc, better GUI handling, better UI, better UX, better stuff, better things.

• Updated ‘Project’ module.

• Updated ‘Samples’ module.

• More to come very soon…

At present, only the Project, Samples and Options modules are available.

I am going to drip feed the remianing modules out one by one, primarily to ensure all is working ok with each one.

PS: Please make sure you take a copy of your Library… should all upgrade fine, but bettter safe then sorry. Let me know if you need any assistance locating it.

The application icon shows a “no-no” logo

And if I try to launch it the guy says:

That means, uhm “You can’t run the application whit this OS X version.
On this computer there’s OSx 10.10.5 installed
This application requires 10.11 or later to run”

Now, I bought Octaedit months ago, and I’m waiting patiently for further development of this useful software, so I really don’t want to be the usual forum PITA :wink: , but I can assure you that there are very little - if any - El Capitan users in the music community at the moment.
Sorry for the trouble

Cheers

A

…

That’s really good news, Rusty.

This will also speed my transition to El Capitan.

Thanks for continuing to provide updates.

Wonderful, Rusty,
the update is working beautifully
very fast fix indeed

That’s f//&$% customer support, thank you so much

Alex

Thanks Rusty, this is looking fantastic. I’ve been out of the loop for awhile but look forward to digging into this latest version :slight_smile:

Advantage of only getting 4 hours sleep :wink: