OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

If you’re just needing a backup, you can copy the contents of your CF card to a computer. The project cleanup is a different story, however.

1 Like

Man you saved me!

I didn’t open OE for a while and didn’t understand what didn’t work.
I went through endless maneuvers (reinstall of latest and previous working version on my mac, the same on bootable drive cause I did an OS upgrade, and the same on the Windows partition of my mac…)…
… until I found your post.
Set the clock to september 2023 and it seems to work fine.

I never understood why didn’t Elektron give a job to this Rusty…
This software is so convenient at times…

Thanx a lot!!!

2 Likes

Sorry if I am asking a silly question, but what is the status here? I read that the dev of OktoEdit is not able to communicate here anymore (?) and the website doesn’t seem updated since quite some time. I found a Indiegogo that asked for 22k, but that was closed at around 5k… I was in contact with rusty via email several years a go as a beta tester for OE, so I know this is not a scam. But how to get updates on the development? Is OE abandoned? Is it still being worked on? I understand the dev has other priorities (full support here). In the meantime, is it possible to get the last working version still somehow?

3 Likes

Also what happened to the other development person - not sure if that is still ongoing

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know there was another dev involved.

It was a different app - but guess similar function for OT

Assume you’re talking about ElkHerd for the Digitakt?

You’ll find the latest info here: Elk-Herd 3.1 beta for Digitakt OS 1.40 - #129 by mathesonewan

1 Like

curious too, that “mdedit” tool they were also making looked extremely useful

EDIT:
Update 7 months ago from the dev on the Facebook page. So it still seems to be in development. Just going slow due to a full rewrite. No word on MDedit.

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem like it’s still in development. Rusty vanished 6 months ago and the beta version expired. Don’t know what happened to him and hope he’s ok but the fact there’s an expiration date came by surprise for many of us.

2 Likes

Not sure if replying to my comment but I think the one I was on about was called Octabus or something like that

Ah interesting. looking further i see several people unable to get a response from him, strange. Thanks for the clarification

Thanks for the updates. So as far as I understand , there is no actual way to manage projects on the OT via a computer? OE is not available anymore and I can’t find anything called oktabus or a similar app working with the OT.

1 Like

It was Octobus. It seemed super promising but the dev disappeared in the realms.
It seems like there’s a curse on OT software support.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

because OT3 (or similar) with overbridge is coming… ? :smiley:

1 Like

There is not. I decide to find another, painstaking solution to combining my Projects into banks. I’m not “waiting for the phone that will never ring” on Octaedit.

1 Like

Actually working with banks is my go to solution too. I treat a bank as a kit basically. I think banks can be exported quite easily. However, my biggest issue is managing the sample pool when merging projects. I couldn’t find a good solution for this, other than using always the same sample slots in all projects, which is kind of impossible in my workflow.

a) nope he did not.
b) gets no money.
c) sometimes has to flag comments in this forum to protect even his competitor.
d) does not publish much, you might ask why? read next point.
e) read the comments in the last couple of hours.

1 Like

Years of frustration lead to some awkward comments unfortunately.

Money could be there, there is a demand.

Sorry I don’t understand your comment. What are you referring to?