OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

I’ve been a bit sick lately; and have a couple of personal things going on; so haven’t done any OctaEdit / MDEdit / etc. related coding or testing or anything for more or less a week or so now; hence no updates.

Haven’t thought about that too much really tbh.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Given todays announcement, and the previously impossible becoming possible; also means a slight change in plans for me.

4 Likes

If that did happen, I’d probably buy a second license out of sympathy along with a couple of MDEdit license

4 Likes

Rusty: Elektron really got me with Octatrack Overbridge. But there’s NO WAY that the Machinedrum is going to get Overbridge- so at least I’m safe with THIS project

Elektron: the classic is back! Introducing the Machinedrum/Monomachine Mk3! With Overbridge available right now!

2 Likes

Yeah but the old ones would probably sound more analog and lush :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rusty: Play times over… releases X, Y and Z :wink:

3 Likes

Very fast and efficient method:

19 Likes

Ingenious

1 Like

Ha, seconded! Great “hack” @roadmoviemusic :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is awesome.

Personally I would have added a couple of bits of functionality into the OS for scene locking; part to scene; scene to part etc.

2 Likes

Ok, what is that and where do we get one?

It’s a brass scale weight. Used in “ye old school balancing scales”

Should be able to find one on ebay / etsy etc; at an antique store; kitchen store; secondhand / knick knack store?

2 Likes

100 grams to be precise. Just the right weight for these buttons

6 Likes

I’ll post something in the MDEdit thread regarding this when I make a decision / figure out the numbers.

2 Likes

Good deal. Thank you Rusty.

Hi @Rusty. Sorry If i’m being a pain, but do you have an estimate on when OE 2.0 will be available for purchase?
I am at a moment in the development of my live set where i will take certain decisions depending on whether I’ll be using OE so I would appreciate any insight on the topic. I know it’s just you working on it and I figure it must be long and hard work.

Thanks!

PS: I have my account awaiting for activation in the OE forum.

4 Likes

Due to personal reasons / some stuff happening, I’ve had very limited dev/testing/online time for the last week and a half or so. Hence why OctaEdit is not available right now. And the delayed reply.

Should all be back on track on Monday; and I can review properly then. But basically main concentration will be finish off v2 asap; so I can reevaluate my life, priorities, other projects et al.

12 Likes

Can’t wait for Tuesday! :wink:

10 Likes

Another customer here hoping and waiting for V2 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any idea of an ETA on v2? Received my OT2 the day after OcEdit was pulled from the site. :frowning:

There you go.

To all waiting for V2: it will be a free upgrade. So just get V1 now and ol’Rusty will have some cash to fund the coding time.

1 Like