OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

OctaEdit v1.5.400 Beta Release for OSX

Some very important things to note:

• This is very much a Beta. Do NOT use it with anything you value, as there will be bugs.
  • Where is the Windows beta? I am currently working through some Windows specific issues.
  • I have mainly been concentrating on the Sequencer module; as I am sure you will see.
  • The Arranger modules is not available in the Beta.
  • GUI Resizing has not been finished yet. This is in the process of being finetuned. If you have a small screen size, you may struggle with the Beta. You are welcome to give it a go, but GUI resizing will be occurring towards the end.
  • Let me know how you get on. Comments / feedback / bug reports very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rusty

7 Likes

Octatrack OS 1.31

Please note that Octatrack OSv1.31 is not officially supported by OctaEdit at the moment.

I will need to do my own internal checks and tests before officially supporting it.

Once I am satisfied with the new OS, and have completed all my tests, I will add it to the supported OS’s if appropriate.

4 Likes

With OE or another soft, is it possible to slice 200 samples or more with same grid setting automatically?
Somebody asked in AF french forum.

Edit: Misunderstood the question; refer answer in Post #1696

2 Likes

I meant batch processing to create a similar slice grid for several samples selection.
The guy has 200 samples with same length in a folder, changes them live with Fn+Arrow, and wants 8 slices setting for each. He’d like batch processing.

OctaEdit has bulk editing of Samples that are loaded into a Project via the Samples Module.

With the Bulk Edit option; you can select multiple non-contiguous samples.

You can then generate Slices for these samples, with a number of different options.

• Slice Between Start: Sample Start or Trim Start [ * ]
  • Slice Between End: Sample End or Trim End [ * ]
  • Slice by Grid
  • Generate nn Slices [ * ]
  • Amongst other functions and capabilities.

You can then Save or Export the Samples and Slice files for all the samples at once.

So yes, can do. There is just a process / couple of steps to go through to do so.

[ * ] Some functionality only available in OctaEdit v2

Note:

Just to clarify; naturally this requires the samples to be loaded into a Project; as opposed to batch processing just the files externally. Quite easy to create a new Project; add ~200 samples; batch generate slices and export the files though.

Hope that helps?

5 Likes

Sure! Thanks.

1 Like

OctaEdit v1.5.500 Beta Release for OSX and Windows

• This is very much a Beta. Do NOT use it with anything you value, as there will be bugs.
  • There are some Windows specific issues I’m working on at the moment; you might see those manifest with the Chainer module.
  • I have mainly been concentrating on the Sequencer module; as I am sure you will see.
  • GUI Resizing has not been finished yet. This is in the process of being finetuned. If you have a small screen size, you may struggle with the Beta. You are welcome to give it a go, but GUI resizing will be occurring towards the end.
  • Let me know how you get on. Comments / feedback / bug reports very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rusty

6 Likes

Paging @mokomo; this one is just for you :wink:

Windows! YAY! :grinning:

Step Actions! liking the clarity of the GUI sir

1 Like

Notes on utilisation of the Sequencer Step Actions when in Step Mode over on the OctaEdit forum for you.

Wait till you see the Elements mode :open_mouth:

3 Likes

OctaEdit v2 FAQ

Cost / Upgrade?

OctaEdit v2 will be a free upgrade to all existing users.

When will OctaEdit v2 be released?

Pragmatic answer is “when it is ready”.

I do not like publishing timeframes, as software development and hardware OS changes can always throw up unexpected scenarios; and I am not going to release the update just to meet an arbitrary deadline.

If you would like to be notified when the update is released; either like the Facebook page, or keep an eye on this thread on Elektronauts.

Edit: No more then three consecutive replies allowed? Someone want to reply to this? kthxby

3 Likes

Replied!

1 Like

OctaEdit v1.5.700 Beta Release for OSX

Thanks,
Rusty

5 Likes

I bought a new OT mkII last week, and only just discovered this today. Can’t tell you how stoked I am. Just purchased it right away!

A thousand thank yous for making and sharing this!

I see that V2 will be a free upgrade, but let me know if you have a donate link so I can contribute towards it anyway.

4 Likes

I’d like to add another 1,000 thank yous, rusty

1 Like

A big thank you Rusty ! Amazing work :slight_smile:

1 Like

And yet you haven’t even seen everything in v2 yet :thinking:

I am so, so, so looking forward to final release day.

7 Likes

So am I and I am sure dozens more :slight_smile:

1 Like