OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Thank you for the quick reply!

3 Likes

OctaEdit for Octatrack MkII / OSv1.25I

Will OctaEdit work with the Octatrack MkII ?

I donā€™t know yetā€¦ but I would assume so; and I will do my best to ensure that OctaEdit will be compatible with the MkIIā€™s / New OS.

Looking at the new buttons; I would expect a new OS release; OSv1.25I; to handle the shortcuts that the keys will enable. Apart from that Iā€™m just working on the basis of comments Iā€™ve seen on Elektronauts (e.g. ā€œcosmetic change onlyā€ and ā€œbackward comaptibleā€)

A new OS release naturally that means I will need to do a whole round of testing and checking. There will be a delay in the support for any new OS post release whilst I throughly perform my own round of checking and UAT; refer OSv1.25F and OSv1.25G if youā€™re wondering why the lag.

Until I get my hands on the MkII / OSv1.25I; I know as much or as little as anyone else.

Remember, I donā€™t work for Elektron; and have no special communications or anything with them. Iā€™m just another Octatrack userā€¦

4 Likes

Really looking forward to the next updateā€¦ Iā€™ve been very busy; and have just moved into the Alpha testing stage.

I sure hope you like whats comingā€¦ resisting temptation to post some screenshots.

Should be a couple of weeks awayā€¦

10 Likes

Please note that OctaEdit will be unavailable to purchase for a couple of weeks; as I concentrate on polishing off the next big update.

11 Likes

Spotted this on OT FB group ā€¦ would be perhaps a nice feature of Sequencer Module ā€¦?
http://novinyl.net/octatrack.php?u

You mean the hidden calculator functionality that in the Actions group of the Sequencer module? :open_mouth:

Hey Octaeditler,
is there any independent review (youtube, blog) about the Octaedit Software?
Tried to find something: no success yet.
Thanks for helping
ā€Žpeter

What do you want to know?

Iā€™m sure this is way to late in your release schedule, but one thing that has held me back from using OctaEdit is the UI, not sure what the next release has in store of course. In saying that, my day job is UI design and prototyping, and Iā€™m more than happy to donate some spare time, (in my own selfish interest :smiley: ) if you are interested in any of that.

2 Likes

Be interesting to see what will be seenā€¦ soonā€¦

Just reviewing/testing/editing a lot of code, and travelling a lot for work at the moment; and the there is the new OS to factor inā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

Wow. I just signed up after getting a MKII. The first question on my mind was how to build an external editor. Sent it to Elektron this morning without realising the history here. Nice going Rusty. Iā€™m interested in beta testing - MK II / OSX - no offence taken if its too late. Just really want to be able to break free of the OT UI at times.

2 Likes

For the curiousā€¦

Iā€™m deep in the middle of a giant update, with a full code review and testing cycle. At the same time, Iā€™m being slammed with corporate work; and well, there is only so many hours in the dayā€¦ So really busy right now, with a lot going on, hence the unavailable for a little while.

Hopefully should be back with the shiny new update / ready for the new OS / conditional trigs soonā€¦

18 Likes

Looking forward to it - better to get it right than get it fast - whenever it is is good with me :wink: :

Can someone please explain to me how I activate the OctaEdit software?! I installed and everything, I have the ā€˜Licā€™ file, dont know how to activate.

thanks

I didnā€™t think you ā€œactivatedā€ anything from memory. Once Rusty has you on the mailing list you just download and install the latest version and youā€™re good to go. Maybe something has changed recently. In any case, @Rusty can help.

Your license file came with instructions in a file called OctaEdit.txt

All I know is everything has a dark green (background) and red (lettering) like screen over it. Ill try and find that Text file. But none of you know the simple answer? Like do i drop the Lic file onto a certain area? it looks like a Terminal file, do I just open it in terminal? If you know please just replyā€¦ no biggy

For the more recent versions, you should have received an email from the developer that contained the following instructions:

This email should have two attachments:

OctaEdit.lic : This is the licence file, copy this to your desktop.

OctaEdit.txt : This is your licence information in a plain text file, so you can copy/paste details easily.

Licence Instructions:

Note: You only need this for v1.1.300 and above.

Copy the OctaEdit.lic file to your desktop.

Launch OctaEdit and click on the OctaEdit logo.

The About form will be displayed. Click the ā€˜Cogā€™ button in the bottom right corner.

Enter the below details in the fields; then click the green tick.

2 Likes

Figured it out.

I had to install the 1.1.4 Beta. The Beta confused me I guess when I first installed awhile back. thanks again.

1 Like

Sorryā€¦ been offline a few days work/travelling. :expressionless:

Thanks @J0n35y, @Hans_Olo and @PeterHanes :slight_smile:

But yes, Petersā€™ post above is bang on the money.

3 Likes