OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Thank you Rusty

2 Likes

Is there a trick to clearing the chainer? Itā€™s been stuck with the same 64 samples I loaded in the first time I tried it, it doesnā€™t show anything under Chainer Files, but itā€™s showing the audio in the waveform view, and Iā€™m unsure how to get rid of those, or reset.

When I add new files in the chain, it just keeps saving them as those original 64 samples. Maybe Iā€™m missing something?

Like, it shows itā€™s empty but if I drop or add in any sample, itā€™ll immediately populate with those same samples, every time. Reinstalling the software doesnā€™t fix it either, rolled back to OctaEdit v1 and it has similar behavior, however if I close the app and reopen it, it fixes it, Iā€™ve just gotta restart the app every time I want to make a new chain.

Iā€™ll ping you a pm / clarify / work through.

3 Likes

Does OctaEdit work with MK2?

(Sorry this has probably been asked before, but couldnĀ“t find the answer after some searching)

2 Likes

Blimey, Rusty! Youā€™re still at it, thatā€™s great! Hope youā€™re well man :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woah woahā€¦, dude, this would be amazing!!! Please start a gofundme or something to make this viable. Iā€™m in desperate need of this and would easily throw in $100 if not more immediately. Any serious OT user is going to want (dare I say need) this. I do video editing on the side, Iā€™d be happy to make some simple but decent video clips for marketing.
Seriously, I wantz!!!

2 Likes

Are you not kidding me? This would be a massively welcome update! Iā€™m a bit confused though why Elektron hasnā€™t done this already since itā€™s possibleā€¦?

1 Like

Yes. Some limitations with OS v1.30+; i.e Trig Conditions not supported until v2 is released.

3 Likes

I will be throwing money at my screen!
:golfing_man:

3 Likes

Donā€™t hold your breath on that being released. It basically morphed into a DAW. Building a DAW is not an easy thing to do; massive amount of complexity, time, programming and development.

2 Likes

Things have been a bit complicated for the last few weeks; month/month and half for the obvious reasons. This has had knock on effects unfortunately, so stuff has been slow at my end.

5 Likes

I wonder how recording 8 tracks simultaneously should technically work. There are simply not enough outputs available. I guess OctaBounce does it one track at a time and not simultaneously, right?

Fair enough. I know you need to make money, just like the rest of us, so I totally get other things demanding your time. Just know when you offer this product, youā€™ll have my money. Iā€™m not upper class by any means, in fact Iā€™m scraping the bottom of middle class if Iā€™m lucky, but the amount of time I spend recording my OT vs. what I make an hour at my job equals me willing to pay you a decent amount of money for said DAW to buy the time I lose messing about with OT recording.
So, keep me posted please. I already own OctaEdit and love it and look forward to V2 but Octabounce DAW is unbelievably more tantalizing to me right now.
Cheers

1 Like

Any combination of mono, stereo, quad, dual mono, whatever the Octatrack supports. Hence OctaBounce. The ā€œsimultaneouslyā€ came from original post by kritzkom (#2101) and not clarified by me (#2102)

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly why I asked, because you answered with ā€œyes, it is possibleā€ to his question (suggesting an Overbridge-like functionality, which, of course. isnā€™t possible).

Sooooo octaedit v2?

Edit: when will it be available? I would have thought that covid would actually give more time for development and support since everyone is stuck at home :upside_down_face:

Not everyone has the same situation. Not everyone is stuck at home.

Some people still have to leave home to go to work - people who work at supermarkets, hospitals, etc.

Among those who are fortunate enough to be able to support themselves by working at home, some say they work even more now than they did when they were commuting away from home to work.

7 Likes

Hmm ok. I understand that everyoneā€™s situation is different. Iā€™m still only asking for some sort of update? I am not trying to troll or be rude.

Regardless if you work at a supermarket, you are still stuck at home outside working hours. Hence my comment.

My apologies for thinking that a software developer might have a work from home situation, though it seems like a logical conclusion to me. I donā€™t mean to offend anyone, especially said developer.

Rusty has some personal challenges to deal with that heā€™s mentioned before recentlyā€¦ and that was before the pandemic. Thatā€™s why some OctaEdit fans are being patient.

I have faith that heā€™ll give us an update when the time is right.

8 Likes

Good luck to rusty thenā€¦ I want to be a fan.

2 Likes