OctaEdit - Beta Testing

I’m just tidying up a few little things, writing up some documentation for you, and doing some last minute sanity tests.

I envisage that I’ll get a beta build over to you in the next day or two…[/quote]

"ha ha ha haa,

you cant fool me,

there aint no Sanity Clause"

(Great punchline to a great scene)

But do you know who said it?

The Damned?

I’m just tidying up a few little things, writing up some documentation for you, and doing some last minute sanity tests.

I envisage that I’ll get a beta build over to you in the next day or two…[/quote]

"ha ha ha haa,

you cant fool me,

there aint no Sanity Clause"

(Great punchline to a great scene)

But do you know who said it?

[/quote]
Chico Marx

Darn it aint in my inbox :sob:

Come on now, it’s not April first yet…

yes they did name an album and song along that line i think

but as oldie quite correctly posted

Chico Marx in A Night at the Opera

As an aside, I loved watching and wish i could play the piano like Chico,

yes they did name an album and song along that line i think

but as oldie quite correctly posted

Chico Marx in A Night at the Opera

As an aside, I loved watching and wish i could play the piano like Chico, [/quote]

I think OldGearGuy and I are just showing our respective ages and cultural backgrounds :slight_smile:

Fuck. Jumped the gun by a month :confused:

Moonbeams. Bunny Rabbits.

Mail= received.

I think it’s funny that users of Elektron gear, which I associate with cutting edge modernity, even know who Chico Marx is!

I’d be keen to try this if you are up for more testers.

Also… Spatula.

The right tool for the job, no matter what your age.

I’m one of those people that was around before cellphones, before the internet, before MIDI. I wrote my first line of code in 1981.

I always wanted a sampler that could do more than play back samples. Started with an Emax (when it was new), tried various MPCs, Akai Sxxx rack units, other Emus, Fairlight, etc and just never really found something that treated audio samples as a liquid until the OT. So even though I truly hate aspects of it and really wish they would fix and finish it, there’s nothing else on the planet like it.

Rusty’s sw should address a lot of people’s complaints/headaches and it’s great to see that he’s willing to continue the project.

Hey- who you calling cracked?!

OK, two pages in, and I’m ready to talk about the editor.
Had to DL and install a newer .NET, but then it fired up just fine.

I was able to select a set and project (on my PC, haven’t tried/don’t know if it’s possible yet, to do it directly on the CF card) no problem.

The Project Path showing is, I guess, the one on your computer. Should it pick it up on its own when I navigate to the project, or will that be a setting I’ll need to specify? Other than that, everything in the Project window seems working, it picks up the settings when I select different projects.

In the Project Manager, the “Track” label is missing from the button.

I’m a bit confused about the little navigating widgets that pop up when you drag around the windows, since they disappear as soon as you release the mouse button, I guess we aren’t meant to click on them?

…and that’s as far as I got, had to go make dinner. Let me know if you’d rather just receive all this by email instead. Really excited to eventually get to some of the other modules!

Sounds like you haven’t used it yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: [/quote]
(hardcoded path already mentioned above)

Clicking on Execute with nothing selected in the project manager window brings up a dialog that says ‘Can’t copy nothing…’ Then it says successful.

In the project manager window if you click on the Project button on the left to select it, then you click on Pattern below, boxes come up for bank and pattern. If you click on Part, Bank and Part pop up, if you click on Scene, Bank, Part, and Scene pop up. In addition, those last 3 cases also cause the Project dialogs above to appear. This doesn’t exactly match what’s in the document.

So far, all your number/value ranges are behaving well with extreme/illegal values tossed at them.

More tomorrow

1 Like