OctaBible aka I Should Write a Book About the Octatrack

I%20Should%20Write%20a%20Book%20About%20the%20Octatrack

The proposed OctaBible from the creator of OctaEdit intends to be the complete guide to the Octatrack MkI and MkII

It will not be a replication of the Octatrack manual; rather a user driven way to approach the Octatrack; starting from the very basics of loading samples and laying down basic trigs; through to advanced techniques, tricks and configurations via a tutorial / “hands-on” driven approach.

Overview:

• est 200 to 400 pages
  • Format: PDF, EPUB and Mobi versions
  • Tutorials: 20 to 30 Tutorials
  • Files: All relevant Project and Audio Files
  • Price TBA (est. $25 to $40)

Note: All the above is subject to change. Naturally depending on the size; effort of work; time etc.

Interested? Fill in the OctaBible Survey

It’s three very basic questions; so if you’re interested in it; please take a minute to fill it out; as I’ll be using the results as the justification for doing the project.

45 Likes

For your own pleasure maybe
Couldn’t imagine it a viable business enterprise, but I wouldn’t have a clue really

Got a good name anyway
RTFROB
Decipher that :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah I’d like to write one too! :smile:
I thought about it, but I’m not motivated anymore. Need someone? For french version maybe? :wink:

Actually you already wrote a big one with Octaedit’s manual, so I’m sure you can do a great book. I don’t know how many people would buy it.

7 Likes

rusty & sezare working on an OT book… man I think itd be great resource as you two are certainly close, if not within the “operating thetan” status when it comes to OT :diddly:

7 Likes

Level 8 operating thetanites. :yum:

2 Likes

Better you than me. I’d buy it.

1 Like

I’d definitely buy it as well! I would love a comprehensive more “real world use” oriented manual/guide sort of thing.

1 Like

you could put a bit of octaedit in there , maybe a discount code / combo thing to buy book and octaedit…

4 Likes

sign me up

I’d buy it and maybe a win-win for you as it might be as well marketing for Octaedit…

3 Likes

I mean, between Merlin’s Guide, the manual, YouTube videos, and forum postings, is there really a need for this? Will you be able to cover things that have yet to be covered? It seems more like a passion project (which is totally groovy) then something for which the market is clamoring.

2 Likes

I’d buy it :slight_smile:

Hardcover for me.

2 Likes

That sounds fantastic. The thing I’m worried about is return on the time you invest :-o

1 Like

I’d buy one if:
The price is < $40 for hard cover or really nice softcover.
It is heavy on advanced content and not a kindergarten class.

I like the look and feel of Curtis roads microsound or the making music book from Ableton.

I will buy it if it is signed by the famous author.

3 Likes

I’ll buy at least one.

I’d rather have maybe a philosphical guide on the OT than another manual but would def support.

3 Likes

omg @Rusty @sezare56 combo move OT book would be 1000% killer

I will buy it twice XD

6 Likes