Ocatrack and USB 3.0

I can’t seem to enable USB Disk Mode using OSX 10.11.5 and USB 3.0 port. It just doesn’t mount. I see from older forum posts that others had a similar issue, and some have had success through restarting, but no such luck for me. Is an external flash card reader the only option?? :zonked:

If I remember correct, you need to connect OT with usb before turning the power on. Then selecting the disk mode should mount it ok. Is this the problem in this case?

2 Likes

Thanks Snowbird! I got it to work one time, which is good enough for now!

In general, you can often solve issues with gear refusing to work well with USB 3 ports by:

1. Making sure OS X is fully updated including any firmware updates.
  2. Using an USB 2 hub in between your Mac and the gear you’re having trouble with.
2 Likes

same here… cant remember when those problems started, but it was ok with the previous osx (not el capitan)
having the OT plugged into the macbook, not a usb hub.
Sometimes, as said above, plugging in the OT before starting it worked sometimes, but than having the OT loosing connection while copying files. sometimes the OT just crashes as well! Using a USB 2 hub doesnt seem to make any difference as well. very frustrating cuz I cant copy any files to it and I just formatted my FlashCard…

Edit: After trying many things, its seems like the electron usb cable is faulty. Tried it with the one from my analog rytm and its working stable now (with a usb 2.0 hub in between the OT and MBP)

I have a Macbook Pro running El Capitan 10.11.5,

I have tried 3 -4 brands of CF cards from Kingston to Lexar. All have caused the USB mode to crash. It runs for 1 min and then my Macbook auto ejects it.

So I have always used the good old card reader till I figure out my resampling workflow.

You should get rid of El Capitan it’s the worst Mac OS ever!Go back to Yosemite…

1 Like

with a 2015 13" MBP and el cap i have no issues at all.

windows 7 over usb no issues at all either. Using the stock OT CF that came with my 3 year old OT.

Works flawlessly with overhub, or directly connected. I am using the standard black usb cable that was supplied before the fancy fabric/braided red one.

ive even had SDS drop / overbridge (not recording but used as a vst control surface) for AR & A4 / and the OT in disk mode without any problems plugged into overhub.

i have the same issue with usb3. i tested different cables, also the one from Elektron, same outcome

with usb2 no problem so far