Obsession: what 2 devices to plug into Digitone L and R?

I’m just saying I may not always want to use a thru machine. I didn’t mean hoops in a negative way. I just wish it was possible without a thru machine. It’s not a big deal to me, it just seems more convenient the way the digitone does it. By panning I mean if you don’t use a thru machine, since the OT has stereo ins, it will be in the right or left if you’re just using one of the inputs. That’s all.

4 Likes

I see what you mean, now! The DIR option in the mixer page is stereo only.
Like I said, i was probably confused! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to it, @ me when you do.

Yes and I have an uncanny way of coming off as negative when I don’t mean to. Having used the OT on and off for the past 6 years, you should have seen me when I discovered the input behavior on the DN. It was like I discovered time travel or something (ridiculous, I know). I also have discovered what you said earlier in the thread; I don’t have to hook everything up together. I think some of that mentality (hooking everything up to everything) is for the wow factor for stuff like YouTube. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

What if I told you the A4 has been doing it the same way, but for over eight years! And it’s p-lockable!

3 Likes

I just picked up a Prophet 5 module and will be sequencing it from , and plugging its audio into my Digitone Keys. I think it should be fun! My super-basic P5 will suddenly have an awesome sequencer with P-locks, effects, and an extra LFO! Yay!!

Btw… quick question for the hive mind, can the Digitone’s internal tracks play at the same time as sequenced midi tracks, with audio coming into the Digitone?

2 Likes

Yep :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait!!

2 Likes

I can’t decide whether this is blasphemous or genius… :thinking:

2 Likes

My vote goes to the Waldorf Pulse 2 and the Korg Volca Sample.
Digital madness combined with analog goodness and crunchy 12bit samples :yum:

2 Likes

This does sound good - any recordings of a setup like this?

Not exactly, but in this example you can hear a digital analog combo.
It’s pretty old and the mix isn’t good, but this is a Waldorf Pulse 2, a Novation Ultranova and some crunchy drums starting at 0m44s.
The brass sound in the other parts is a Waldorf Blofeld.
Analog synth fill up the spectrum too much sometimes and digital synths can nicely cut through that.

4 Likes

haha, that’s great. Well done. That’s a cool mix of styles, and I do like the texture of the drums there. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

This should hopefully get a lot more exciting soon, if the Digitakt separate per-input FX levels make it to Digitone.

Latest trial: MAM MB-33, but to my ear, a 303 needs delay.

Dual mono is here!

My current setup is the aforementioned MB-33 for analog 303 goodness, with reverb and delay, and a Roland TR-06 mostly dry (maybe a little chorus)

What are others trying?

Anyone try polyend tracker yet? At work so I’m not able to try it out atm. (Dual mono update)

A mother 32 and a subharmonicon.

…now if only someone was selling that pair for a great price.

1 Like

I finally got the setup I wanted for a while:

L: MFB 301 Pro analog drum machine
R: MAM MB-33 analog 303 clone

Sounds great, and there’s no patches, CCs or configuration for these 2 devices, so I can stay focused on the Digitone.

1 Like

I take it back. That was an awful setup. The Analog 4 MkII I replaced them with is 10x the synth.

2 Likes

The Digitakt is a good option to plug into the L n R of the Digitone, then use the DT’s mono L n R for mono synths.
A real human centipede type vibe.

2 Likes