OB & DT firmware install/run issues

Have you tried it with C6? Give it a try. Some people have had issues with firmware updates using Transfer. I always use C6 for firmware updates.

1 Like

@Jbila193, disregard my (now deleted) post about merging this thread with the other. I only just noted that the OP of the other thread listed it as resolved, so I’m going to leave this one open. However, if it turns out to be more than just a problem with the firmware, it might be a good idea to change the thread title to reflect the other issues.

1 Like

Ok I uninstalled everything. I just downloaded what you guys posted. This time I used c6, I made sure the midi connections were right. I sent the file but nothing happens, the DT screen is stuck on os upgrade waiting for SysEx. I tried it on Overbridge mode and midi and either are working.

Well that’s it, I’ve spent 8-9 hours today literally trying.I’m done I’ve tried everything I mean everything and nothing is working. C6, transfer nothing works. Can’t upload the firmware at all it’s freezing every time. No clue what to do. Does Elektron have a number I can reach them at or they email only?

Just some suggestions:

Are you trying to update the OS whilst the DT is in overbridge mode. Should just be USB.

Try a different USB cable.

Did you enable permissions for the software you have installed (System Pref’s…Privacy…,allow)

Check the Midi Connections under Audio/Midi is the DT recognised.

Use App cleaner and uninstall everything and start from scratch.

Good luck.

hey I tried switching it to usb-midi only mode but it won’t let me update at all when I do that. I can’t even drag the file into transfer to get it going. But if I have it in Overbridge mode it will let me transfer it but than the m DT freezes. I’m trying c6 now in midi mode to see if it works.

If you want, I can try to walk you through all of the steps to make sure that something isn’t being missed. It might be a lengthy process, so maybe we can do it via PM?

1 Like

Omg. The gods have answered. I just left the DT in usb-midi mode, clicked on is upgrade, uploaded the file to c6 sent it and bam it’s working now. It now says 1.11 beta on my screen, I switched it back into Overbridge mode and now everything works I’m getting sound through my speakers!

2 Likes

Fantastic news!

No joke 10 hours minimum trying to get this to work, but it has paid off.

1 Like

I still don’t understand why transfer wouldn’t allow me to do it, cuckoo did it in his video and it worked in like under 10 seconds.

It seems very much to be a case-to-case basis and might depend on a lot of variables between systems. I’m just speculating though. As I said, I always use C6 because I know it’ll work for my system.

Yea I guess I’ll use c6 for firmware updates until Elektron works out the kinks with transfer. Now if I upload samples do you think I’m better off using c6 or transfer?

I always use Transfer for samples.

1 Like